“Great choice for the area, almost new!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saint Hyacinthe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed one night at this hotel, we had a 2 queen beds suite with large adjacent living area (seating for 4) and a small kitchenette (sink, microwave, mini fridge)

The room was large and airy, beds were comfortable and had two choices of pillow each

We also had a full breakfast included in the rate which made it a very good bang for the buck.

The only nitpicks I have are the noise, obviously... Our room was on highway side and yes you hear it... I'm a heavy sleeper so that didn't bother me but if that's not your case be sure to ask for a room on the other side of the hotel

Second problem that I found and which I think really shouldn't happen in an hotel as new as this one was inconsistent water temperature.. And I mean really inconsistent, I had to go from max to min to max again..

Lastly since the floors are laminate wood, it tends to get noisy easily you can hear loud "thumps" from the nearby rooms

Other than that it's a nice place to stay, none of these things would prevent me from going back since I don't think you can find better in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello Renesis!

A quick thank you for your feedback!

The whole team is glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to greeting again!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I keep coming back to this page to check out the various comments Management keeps leaving.. Most of them say "We are working really hard to improve the noise". My response to that is, which is easier to move.. the Building, or Highway 20? neither have legs.

I checked in and I must say the staff is very friendly. English is a bit shaky for Americans, but I'm bilingual so it does not bother me. Breakfast was great, and this hotel was well on its way to getting 5 stars.

Here's were stuff got sour: I booked through the Iphone app and chose a standard room. once inside my room, I looked up online rates, And low and behold, to get a room facing the CITY SIDE (no noise) costs 10, 15 $ more. What a load of crap. That is perhaps the biggest admission that the hotel has a noise problem is when you charge 15$ more per night for a "City side room" I hate Rate scams. Anyone who follows my reviews knows the Comfort inn in Kanata pulled the same stunt, and will have forever lost my business.

I went down to address this issue with management in the morning, and as per usual, there was none on site. couldn't even produce a quasi-manager from the back.

So be warned, even though you read here... "We're working on a solution".. it seems like the solution is to charge a premium for the less noisy rooms rather then deal with the issue at hand. Avoid. Like I will from this point on. There's another hotel down the street

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin_Ilaqua
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Kevin_Ilaqua

While we welcome all comments, I do believe that the term rate scam is somewhat harsh and unjust. While we do not deny that the highway side of our property is not best suited for very light sleepers, the number of great sleeps had in these rooms far outweighs the number of guests who did not have a comfortable night.

We do charge a 5.00$ premium for a city view room (added to our variable daily rate) as it also offers a more pleasant view and especially well suited for travellers spending long days working from their rooms and so on...

After verification, your booking did come in as a standard room and was upgraded to a business class room including the full glass shower, bathrobe and extra amenities, at a discounted AAA rate.

As previously mentioned, we continue to work towards finding the proper solution.

Thank you again for your comments and your business.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and kids for one night while visiting the Granby Zoo (July 20th). The hotel is very nice and clean, the beds are comfortable and the breakfast is the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Other reviewers complained about the highway noise (and I had a room that faced the highway), however with the AC unit on all night I didn't hear the road noise at all.

This hotel is about a 35 minute drive from the Zoo, so keep that in mind if you're booking this hotel to visit the zoo.

The hotel is located next to a strip mall that has a couple of family restaurants including Scores. The hotel is also a 5 minute drive from grocery stores, restaurants and a shopping mall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice looking and clean but the road noise if horrible, if you can't get a room facing away from the highway you're in for a bad night. You'll hear every truck/car/motorcycle driving up and down the 20. The white noise machine they have in the room doesn't drown it out either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear J D,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is disappointing you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the highway noise caused you. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we are currently working on solutions to help our lighter-sleeping guests have a restful night with us. Your feedback is important to us, as it is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Convenient to major highway however extremely noisy. HI Express are generally located near major routes and we have never noticed the highway noise as we did at this hotel. There was a "white noise" machine near the bed - selection of ocean waves, bubbly brook etc so the noise is obviously an issue. Like many travelers, we were in transit so we only spent one night. Hotel is well located next to several restaurants and take out establishments within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Request room facing the parking lot rather than at the back facing the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hello HappyCanadian13!

A quick thank you for your comments - we appreciate all constructive critisism!

Fear not as we are currently working on solutions to help our lighter-sleeping guests have a restful night with us!

This being said, we are glad you nonetheless enjoyed our hotel and surronding facilities.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We recently had the chance to stay at this hotel the May long weekend. Amzing is the best way to describe it. The Halways were wide the rooms, a suite was excellent. My biggest fear was the language barrier. However this was not an issue at all. Although most of the staff spoke broken english they attempted to communicate with us and were very pleasant about it. Same goes for the Restaurants directly next door. THe only issue was that the kids had left some certificates that were earned in a tournament in the hotel. We did call the hotel the next day and they were able to find theM...However we were told that the policy was not to mail out anything to guests. THis was a littrle disappointing as the certificates we special to the kids.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

3 of us stayed at this well-appointed and immaculate hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. After a long day of travel, it was nice to be able to have a choice of several restaurants within walking distance. A full breakfast, including scrambled eggs and omelettes, was provided the next morning. We did ask for rooms on the front - away from the highway - as suggested by other reviewers. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the front of the hotel - not the back, which has noise from the highway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Kristopher W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Hello Cavaliermom!

A quick note to thank you for your comments; we really strive to meet all our customers needs and offer the best accomodations in our area!

We look forward to greeting you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Hyacinthe
#1 of 1 in Beloeil
Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa
Hotel Econolodge Granby
Hotel Castel & Spa Confort

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint-Hyacinthe? Share your experiences!