“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roberval
Gite La Brise du Lac
Ranked #1 of 8 Roberval B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

You feel at home right away in this cosy B&B on the bank of majestic Lac-Saint-Jean. The owners are very friendly and welcoming and treat you like family.
The house is a typical old house from the region. We were in the room "Rosée du matin" which has two double beds and a large private bathroom. The bathroom could use some renovation, but everything is perfectly functional. There is free wifi if you need to use your computer or device.
The breakfast we were served was large and delicious, with organic and local ingredients. We also had access to loose leaf tea, of which we are big drinkers.
Apparently, there are homemade pastries and chocolates during the high season, as one of the owners is a pastrycook. However, since we were in the off season, we were not able to taste these. We'll have to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank proxoper1

Solo
Connemara, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed only one night in La Brise du Lac, but as soon as I checked in, I wished I could stay for a week or two; everything was there to make you feel at home. The owners were very warm and welcoming, the room was perfectly clean, the bed was comfortable, with nicely rustic furniture and a wooden floor. The whole guesthouse made me feel like I was going back in the charming old times. One of the highlights was the breakfast, the best I had in all B&B's I ever went to. Pancakes, eggs, quality bread, fresh fruit, local cheese, ham, excellent coffee. Many other members of my extended family were there at the same time, so it made our stay there even more enjoyable because we could share the experience. I also liked a lot the lovely shop called La Bagatelle, which is under the same roof as La Brise du Lac and is selling fine chocolate with local and specialty produce. And finally, the location of the place is ideal, withing walking distance of the lake and many restaurants. If you are going to Roberval and want to stay somewhere special, La Brise du Lac should be your first choice. Myself and my husband will definitely go back there this summer, and for a longer stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roberval
Hotel Chateau Roberval
#1 of 3 in Roberval
No photo provided
Gite Lac-Saint-Jean
#5 of 8 in Roberval

Been to Gite La Brise du Lac? Share your experiences!