“Wonderful setting!”

Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Rigaud
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the 3rd time I have been to Rube's with my hubby. Great restaurant where you least expect it. As previously mentionned, the food is quite good but a bit pricy if you are on a budget. We were six of us on Saturday and everyone in our party was pleased with the food, the service and the wonderful setting. Once in the restaurant, to the right there is the main dining room with a woodstove in the middle and to the left the sunroom with a second woodstove. If you prefer having dinner in the sunroom, be sure to specify this while making the reservation. Also, this is a meat lover's place, beware vegetarians!

1  Thank SylvieFrancois444

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I have driven by Rube's for years, I guess living so close to just take it for granted. So finally we took the plunge decided to stop and try it out. We weren't disappointed one bit, very nice warm feeling when we arrived, with a very pleasent ambiance. My wife had the Cod and I had the smoked ribs. Food was perfect! the staff was very friendly, we will definitely be going back in the near future.........

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Quite off the beaten track is a restaurant worth experimenting. The pleasant surroundings with large windows make it comfortable. In the winter there is a circular fireplace that gives it warmth and charm. Food is great especially the home smoked salmon and the 24 hour smoked ribs. I have only had those and lobster but all was exquisite. Very good service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Not quite half way but worthwhile telling my Trip Advisor friends that this is so much bettr than the real half-way mark at Herb's ( a place that I encouraged for 40 year). Rube is better than just a roadside eatery. Our last visit was that more critical that we had just left our beloved 4-legged friend at the hospital and we were emotional wrecks. The Rube atmosphere, joyful and helpful service and the attractiveness of the plates were worth the extra buck. So I agree that they may be a bit pricey, but then I take it back, because it is worth it. We were there recently with kids who found the service was slow, but then again Rube satisfied them (we're talking great fussiness here) and adjusted meal entries to match their every demand. I recommend the extra mile off the highway.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This long established eatery has a good reputation for steak and more recently ribs, other types of food is also available. the menu is pricey. However, the last two times there the service was unacceptably slow. Won't be going back for a while.

1  Thank Plaflamme