“Mid-trip Montreal Ottawa”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Rigaud
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Not quite half way but worthwhile telling my Trip Advisor friends that this is so much bettr than the real half-way mark at Herb's ( a place that I encouraged for 40 year). Rube is better than just a roadside eatery. Our last visit was that more critical that we had just left our beloved 4-legged friend at the hospital and we were emotional wrecks. The Rube atmosphere, joyful and helpful service and the attractiveness of the plates were worth the extra buck. So I agree that they may be a bit pricey, but then I take it back, because it is worth it. We were there recently with kids who found the service was slow, but then again Rube satisfied them (we're talking great fussiness here) and adjusted meal entries to match their every demand. I recommend the extra mile off the highway.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Rube Inc

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This long established eatery has a good reputation for steak and more recently ribs, other types of food is also available. the menu is pricey. However, the last two times there the service was unacceptably slow. Won't be going back for a while.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Food was excellent. Ambiance was cozy with fire lit. Food was fantastic.
Our waiter was exceptional. My second visit and will go back very soon. :)

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Preparation seemed OK, but the quality of the beef and seafood was sub-supermarket.

1  Thank AHotelChef
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Rube's is a regular dinning establishment for me in the Hudson area. I especially enjoy the sunroom with the fireplace on a cold winter day but equally as much the excellent menu..their chef is tops and well worth a visit.