“Foodgasm”

Dining options: Reservations
Guelph, Canada
“Foodgasm”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was the best food experience that I've had in a long time. We went as a group of 14 and we were well received. The food was out of this world and it is reasonably price for fine cuisine, the atmosphere is chic and very welcome and the staff is extraordinary. There was moment during the meal that it was quiet, everyone was enjoying there meal. DEFINITELY WORTH THE DRIVE AND NEED TO BE ON YOUR LIST OF MUST TRY.

Bouffe orgasmique, super extraordinaire, on etait un group de 14 et nous avons été très bien reçu. Le manger est comme nul autre et c'est très raisonable pour la cuisine francais fine! il a des moments ou c'etait le silence total a notre table tellement que nous aimions notre bouffe!!! IL FAUT DEFINITEVEMENT L'ESSAYER :)

• Visited August 2013

Hawkesbury, Canada
“Mixed experience at a well rated restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After many years we finally visited this well recommended "fine cuisine française" restaurant, the ambiance is nice - country style - service friendly. Our dinner experience was mixed, my wife said ok - I was totally disappointed: first we were served an hors d'œvre, in a glass 2 small shrimps on salsa from a very cold fridge, which were soft and smelly and fishy tasting, my wife's salad was ok, her "escalope de veau aux shiitake et Marsala" had some very tough pieces - and this from apparently veal - , dessert very good.
My summary: the fishy tasting shrimps nearly ruined my appetite, smoked salmon ok, the "cobia fish" was tough and very very dry, profiterole dessert seemed to be prepared a couple of days ago - chewy and tough, too bad.....

• Visited April 2013
les coteaux
“Very well worth the detour”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our food was cooked to perfection. The Porto and rosemary lamb was tender, nice sauce which was not overpowering and at the same time quite rich. The blueberry and honey mead quail was great, also nice sauce. I must give thumbs up to the saucier. Vegetables, done to perfection, though a little under seasoned. We had oysters in different combinations, all done perfectly. Oyster chowder with roquette which was very nice. We had chosen le menu du marché, but I substituted the quail for the rack of lamb for a little extra, this to say we had ample food for the price. One complaint I did have was front of the house. If a place has a certain atmosphere and tries to carry itself accordingly, the front of the house is where you will make or break the experience . Also we were sat next to a big party of people when the place was empty at the time. We were two and could have been sat anywhere else. Obviously we could have asked, but, this is where the front of the house shows it's worth in the overall dining experience. Why do I comment on this, because it is a relatively expensive place and I expect a little more for this price. Will I go back? Yes. Will I ask to be sat where I want? Yes. Why, because the food deserves better than it's presentation, and I don't mean plating. One more thing, the pricing of their single malts are just a little expensive.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank dan p
Hudson Heights,Qc
“Superbe”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Excellent food.service,conviviality - owners,Mr & Mme Cottin from the Loire Valley are truly professional in their craft.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ed P
hudson quebec
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is truly a gem...a great family run French resturant authentic in every way..you will not be disapointed...service ,food ,atmosphere beautifull...we must support dedication like this ....

• Visited October 2011