“Never again.”
Review of OrcaSound Hotel

OrcaSound Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rigaud
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went there because of the jacuzzi which was fine but there was a horrible bed that gave both of us a backache. The water was cold in the bathroom sink. There was hairs on my pillow.
The room was cool at best and barren. Some of the electric plugs didn't work so we played musical plugs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo O
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and do wish you would give us a second chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in Rigaud on Dec 29th and 30th. The hallways were so cold that a coat was needed. We did bring it to the staff's attention but they did not seem to be able to do anything about it. In our hotel room, as was the case with our friends room, the thermostat was blocked by some kind of mechanism to stop at 20c even though the dial showed it could have gone much higher. The room didn't get very warm , and the cold hallway temperature and the cold felt through the large window in our room made heat challenging.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is the first time I encounter a thermostat rigged to limit temperature to 20 c. A bit of a shock to say the least. When I pay for a room, I assume that it comes with the option to determine what temperature brings me the comfort I seek.

We asked for a room with a queen bed. The room was clean but too small for us both to be walking in it without stepping over each other. I have stayed in hotels within this chain before and the quality and size of rooms was of a higher quality than at that this location.
The hotel staff on the 29th was great very attentive to our needs and the continental breakfast though basic was fine. However, we looked for the hotel desk staff person from 9:00 - 10:15am on the 30th because when we went for breakfast, the continental breakfast area was out of coffee and out of hot water. We trust the staff person was busy somewhere, but there was no one at the front desk.

Room Tip: Even if you are sharing a bed, ask for a room with 2 beds to get a room you can walk around in. Bri...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sylvie L

I'm glad you brought this to my attention,we had just purchased this hotel just before your stay and another guest mentioned about the thermostats and we had them verified and repaired I'm very sorry you had a bad and cold stay we will make this up to you if ever you return front desk clerk should have been at the front desk to help you out and coffee should have been made for you again I apologize these are things that should not happen.As manager I can't be at the hotel 24/7 but I appreciate guest that send reviews so I can on my end correct what's wrong and make sure this doesn't happen again.
I sincerely thank you for this information and taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed there for a few days well working in the area.
The restraint was closed, for a 10 year old hotel the place up keep hasn’t been good. The rooms are cold, the thermostats have been rigged so you can’t turn the heat up past 18 degrees. I thought I would take a hot shower yah right the hot water is barely warm and runs out quickly.
Trucks pull in the yard behind the hotel and idle there engines all night,
I’m sure the GM will spend his time on hear typing a rebuttal rather than addressing the serious issues with the facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
MISS-KITTY67, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I thank you for your comments and all issues you have brought up have been solved,we are new owners and where unaware of these problems and we do appreciate you taking the time to write a review,I thought that the word sh was a bit much but thats ok because you really captured my attention.
Thanks again and we do apologise for the inconvenience
Denise D

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel went beyond all expectations, the fees for rooms are very affordable, clean and contain everything you need for your overnight or extended stay!
Me and my family felt extremely secure and looked after. Front desk done everything possible for us and the housekeeping lady provided all we needed and returned our room to spotless the next day!the continental brekfast was EXCELLENT! Great coffee, fresh melon, fresh bagels etc just what you need. The only issue is, and you have to take into consideration it's beside a busy highway, is that guests arrive late at night or leave early, that's not a problem, but staff should try be a Little more silent after certain times especially closing the door between reception and the rooms to limit noise reaching rooms, will stay again, in fact have stayed here 2 times this week and will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Pat A
DENISE D, General Manager at OrcaSound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments we do appreciate you taking the time in letting us know what we do right or what we do wrong and what we need to change,thanks again

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The clerk was very pleasant and had a lovely French accent. The room was very clean and comfortable. Good Internet access. There was free coffee and tea in the common area and a nice breakfast in the morning. Several restaurants located next door. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write up a review and we hope to see you agin
Sincerely

Reviewed August 25, 2012

we're there last year ,nothing spectacular for 2 stars hotel.it was My sister wedding, we got there early ,poor front desk clerk ,not well treated ,but when we came back after midnight i was surprised by a hot man at the reception ,he brought us some ice ,my cousin was extremly drunk and she was so nasty with him she called him 3 times to fix the channel just to draw his attention,in general would be worth for a second visit honestly to see him xoxoxo.
helpful team (midnight team) room pretty clean

hotel well Located 40 minutes from down town

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

He is married with one child and another on the way ,he blushed when he read your review Thank s again for taking the time and please come back again
Denise GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rigaud
Hotel Capri
Hotel Capri
#2 of 3 in Rigaud
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaudreuil-Dorion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vau...
#1 of 9 in Vaudreuil-Dorion
#1 of 3 in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
Le Hudson Inn
Le Hudson Inn
#3 of 3 in Rigaud

Been to OrcaSound Hotel? Share your experiences!