I love this golf course!
There that's my review.............ahhh but you want more, ok let's see what we can say about this course and why you should do whatever you can to play it.
1. Designed by a famous golf course designer Stanley Thompson. (course was opened in 1931) who created a classic beauty a wonderfully picturesque design carved out of an area of natural beauty.
2. Great club house, with dining and shower facilities, simply top notched with dining facilities and pro shop and staff.
3. Excellent value for the money, green fee includes a cart which you definitely need for the up and down terrain.
4. Each hole is different, and tree lined by mature trees. Because of the mature trees you cannot see any hole but the one you are playing. Montebello is not a long course but very challenging, small undulating greens add to the challenge.
5. Course is not crowded, pace of play is good, 4 to 4 1/2 hours is normal.
6. Course condition is excellent, well kept and well manicured.
7. Montebello golf is just so very very picturesque and scenic and classic, it's like stepping back in time, a total joy. There are some stunning views from the tees, this course looks so good, you'll forget your score!
8. Electric powered golf carts, clean and quiet.
9. Great customer service by pro shop and staff out on the course, classy and friendly.
10. It's in Quebec, so you feel like you are on adventure to a unique destination just when you drive here. Montebello is a beautiful course, in gorgeous surroundings and is just such a totally classic joy to play! In the fall, with the leaves changing it is even more beautiful!
So far this year I've played here 6 times and each time it is a joy, I just get tired of it.
If you are in the Ottawa area, it is definitely worth the 1 hour drive to get here. Excellent value for the money! Chances are you'll see me there when you go, so please hi, or
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.