“Nice meal and good service but they need a new bread supplier.”
Review of Vices Versa

Vices Versa
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in La Malbaie
Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
ohio
“Nice meal and good service but they need a new bread supplier.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have never had such a delicious lamb shank. The scallop appetizer was wonderful as well. I think they fall down in the baking area as the bread was really not good and the desserts just so-so. The table d'hote comes with a bottle of wine if you choose that option. I ordered a cup of hot tea after dinner to have with dessert. The water was barely hot and the tea bag a generic sort of black tea. A small critique, to be sure, but it marks the difference between very good and excellent.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“A unique approach to fine dining”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The chef-owners have created a specialty niche for their respective creative cooking styles. One side of the menu lists more traditional preparations of the same food 'family' as the other side of the menu which lists unusual approaches to preparations. Checking the website will give a clear understanding of the approach. The menu posted on the website was the same as the menu the night we dined here.

We were surprised that the portions were as ample as they were as we expected just little 'small' bites. We were so full we took dessert to go! My husband and I both ordered the chef's tasting. My starter and third course were on the 'vice' side and the black cod was on the 'versa' side. My starter included tender, fresh scallops prepared with light spaetzle in a creamy sauce. Next came black cod so fresh I am sure it was swimming just hours before! The cod was poached, served on a small square of french toast surrounded by a lovely, cream and mussel sauce. Finally, the veal fillet mignon served with a gnocchi and sausage addition all in a lightly spicy horseradish sauce.Again, I had 'vice', my husband had 'versa': veal sweetbreads served with a delicious veal shoulder ravioli with shallots and maple syrup punctuated by a taste of foie gras. He also enjoyed perfectly medium rare duck confit with a quinoa cake and sautéed leg of Charlevoix lamb with eggplant, broad beans, and herbs.

This is a unique dining venue. Most fine dining in this area is well over $125 for two persons without wine. An 'amuse bouche' and dessert are also included for $65 per person. We recommend this restaurant without hesitation. It is especially nice for a long, leisurely special occasion dinner.

2 Thank Pam C
Ottawa, Canada
“Inspiring menu and delicately prepared food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Mr and Mrs owners are both chefs and offer each a selection using the same basic ingredient. The food was very well prepared and presented making it not only delicious but also very appealing. The service was also superb, finally mature servers that know what is on the menu, can explain it and also know their wine, how refreshing that is especially in a touristy area.
The decor was very relaxing and the staff was very attentive and yet not intrusive.
My lamb was exquisitely prepared and my wifes veal was the most tender and prepared as requested. They offered an "amuse gueule" of a salmon mousse. It was so good, i felt like cancelling my lamb and request more of it.

2 Thank Bonjours
Montreal, Canada
“Best restaurant in Charlevoix area”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a gem. Both chefs have great talent and imagination and the execution of all the dishes puts them in the top chefs club as far as we are concerned (and we have tried Alain Ducasse in Paris, Daniel Boulud in New York and Normand Laprise in Montreal to compare with). Quality was the best. Waiting staff is excellent always inquiring if everything was to our satisfaction. It is now my favorite restaurant in the area

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michel T
Ottawa, Canada
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner at this restaurant in July. It was highly recommended by friends and we certainly were not disappointed. Every dish was delicious and it was fun to coarse his version to her version of the cuisine. The wine list was excellent and wells iced. We would go back any time we are in this area. Don't miss it

• Visited July 2012