“Delicious!”

Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My fiancé and I had a wonderful meal. Portions were big and flavorful, and service was very good. One of our best meals during the trip by far. The only thing that would have made this dinner even better would have been to meet the husband and wife duo. We got to experience both styles and their personalities in their food, so we kind of felt a little incomplete by not getting to talk to them after the meal. Definitely a place to go! Highly recommend!

3  Thank Champ14

Reviewed June 20, 2012

What can I say that hasn't been repeated in all the other reviews...

Every dish we ordered was amazing.
The menu includes an amuse-bouche, 3 courses plus dessert for 65$ per person. This is extremely reasonable considering the quality of the food.

Do yourself a favour and eat here!!!

2  Thank boomboompowww
Reviewed January 7, 2012

this restaurant is owned and operated by a husband and wife team...both chefs and I believe French.Hence the name... there is his version and hers of everything on the menu which changes with the seasons. We were there with my brother in law and my wife's sister.There is a gourmet menu at $65. which includes 3 choices among at least a half dozen items and dessert.There are also some grilled meats such as veal chop,steak and rack of venison and these are also interchangeable with the gourmet menu. The meal starts with a little hot and cold hors- d'oeuvre and a basket of homemade bread. I chose the tartare of salmon, a dish of pan seared cod and my third choice was the sweatbreds. All were outstanding. The others made different choices and all were great.The wine list is good and desserts were excellent. The sevice was friendly and informative and the succession of plates came at just at the right speed. It's obviously a high end restaurant but I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a truly outstanding culinary experience.The're starting their 8th year of operation.Nicely decorated.

1  Thank MontrealCanuck065
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Notre visite chez Vices Versa s'est avérée être une des meilleures expériences culinaires que nous ayons vécu jusqu'à maintenant ! Des plats excessivement savoureux, une ambiance feutrée et agréable, un service empressé et digne des meilleures tables, une excellente suggestion de vin... Nous avons passé une merveilleuse soirée !

Cependant, ce restaurant n'est pas à la portée de toutes les bourses et le prix pourrait en rebuter plus d'un. L'addition en incluant le menu 5 services pour deux personnes (3 petits plats, un amuse-bouche et un dessert), une bouteille de vin, les taxes et le pourboire de 15 % s'est chiffrée à plus de 230 $.

1  Thank LeNord-Cotier
Reviewed January 5, 2012

On a trip to the Charlevoix region this summer, we were pleasantly surprised by this small restaurant. As we were not that familiar with La Malbaie, we asked for a recommendation from the local merchants. We were not disappointed! This restaurant is run by a husband and wife team (both chefs). In a new twist (for us, anyway), the menu has two sections. One features dishes by the male chef, the other by the female chef. The featured ingredient that evening was lobster. What can I say? Everything was perfect! The food, the wine, the service, all first-rate. Do not miss this dining experience if you are visiting the region!

1  Thank jh492