“Fabulous winter weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Esterel
Montreal
“Fabulous winter weekend”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend in January and we enjoyed it tremendously.
The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very cozy, love the fire places!
We savored an exquisite filet mignon dinner at the Roc Restaurant while enjoying the view of Lac Dupuis in front of us. They also have a great wine selection. We will certainly go back this summer to enjoy some of the activities on the lake.

1 Thank Norma W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My boyfriend and I was impressed with all the activities that you can do there ; snowmobiling, ice skating, snowshoeing, trapping, cross country skiing and the spa.The fact that they have 3 different restaurants is amazing, since we were there for 3 days. Every day we tried a different menu! The restaurant staff is great. Most of them are French, but they were making an effort to speak English. It was really appreciated.
The rooms are comfortable, spacious and intimates. The fire place and the view on the lac makes you want to stay forever. We went there to relax and enjoy a weekend away from home, mission accomplished!

1 Thank Jessica M
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went for a company gala over a weekend. We are not spa people, so had we paid the package price for one night, supper and breakfast... the value would have been "very good" rather than excellent. On all other counts, this was an excellent venue, for service, décor, quiet.
ROOM: Contrary to what another reviewer said, the room is EXACTLY what you see on the photos. I purposely took photos as soon as we entered the room, after turning on the lights and fireplace. A very cozy suite and comfortable. Tasteful decor.
FOOD: gourmet presentation, delicious
SERVICE: in dining room, efficient

2 Thank twocardinals
Saint Bruno, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice location, close to Montreal. Very nice room, excellent layout with a gaz fire place. All you need for your comfort. In fact it's all suite ao you have your little kitchen.
Restaurant: food is excelente, very good quality, fresh and lots of choices.
Bar: ask and you will received ! Samuel make the best Martini !
Staff: from the valet service, reception desk, waiter or even the maintenance personal, everyone welcome me, were nice and went out of there way to make sure everything was all right.
Free internet, close to town, excepcional view.
I really love the place and will be back for sure.
Outdoor: jacuzzi, ice ring, the view is exceptional on the lake.

Room Tip: Suite with lake view are fantastic !
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lionne1961
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

nothing else to add, except that yes, you can definitely talk in the Scandinavian baths outside, as opposed to some other establishments. For the 2nd year in a row, I went there, this time even with a friend with children, and nobody told the kids they can't talk and nobody was after us to tell us to shut up, as they did in the amerispa I reviewed previously.
4 Scandinavian baths outside, in Esterel, open space on one side of the hotel (a frozen lake with a bit of woods), but it is not in the wilderness, there's cottages in the other side of the lake. The rooms are amazingly decorated (modern, not old "rustique" style) w nice fireplaces. 3 restaurants, all nice, one more expensive than others but the other 2 are great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank amandaGRR
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We booked two nights December 24 and 25 our Christmas present to us a mini vacation. We drove 3 1/2 hours to get there only to be disappointed with the room it was nothing like the website showed the big thing they claim is the windows and the view only you can't leave the curtains open. Long story short after driving three and a half hours to the place and visiting our room we were disappointed with the accommodations the room was small and yrs the retractable wall ha ha better hope you don't need to use the washroom. I have more space in my bedroom at home then I had in the whole room they wanted me to stay in for two days (we booked the lake view upgraded room) I have bigger rooms at the holiday inn. When we told them we did not like the accommodations they showed is another room which was bigger and had a hot tub on the baloney nice you think yes it was only problem was they built the skating rink right outside our room where kids were playing hockey my husband joked about does the hot tub come with helmets!!! They answer was normally the rink is not her ok but it is now so so much for the hot tub and leaving the curtains open to see the view. We told them no thanks this is not what we expected or wanted and that we would not be staying. They said fine but we are keeping your deposit I said no we did not cancel we drove here three and a half hours and do not like the accommodations and now on Christmas Eve we have to drive back home three and a half hours. With nothing ready for Christmas celebration and no groceries because everything is now closed for two days. I am very disappointed with their attitude if I had stay home and called to cancel I would agree to pay the cancelation fee but driving there paying for gas and lunch and then driving home the same day 8 hour round trip on Christmas Eve and then not being able to buy groceries made for a disappointing Christmas vacation . I would say save your money or find a place that sells what they advertise. I am still waiting for my refund and I hope I won't have to use the consumer protection to get it back. Please acknowledge the difference between cancelling and not liking your accommodations and refund my deposit.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank 2013tri
Laval, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I were planning a one-night total relaxation package at Esterel Resort , on the night of December 30th. Reservation online was very easy and straightforward, no hassle. We had however to call the hotel to inquire about some details and they were very helpful on the phone, clarifying all our inquiries.

We chose the Emotion hotel with the lake-view king bed suite (although in winter time, you can only see the snow everywhere, but that was equally good and peaceful!). Check-in was very easy and quick, no surprises at all! The moment I walked into the room, I was very much impressed by the decoration, the set-up, the modern aspect and cleanliness of the suite! It was absolutely the same look as you can picture it on the hotel's website! I was impressed!

We went directly for our massage appointments at 1:30 pm at Amerispa. The personnel in the spa were very kind and we were well greeted and welcomed. Spa is clean and set-up very Zen and quite. We were invited to the massage rooms on time. When we booked, we asked for an extension of 30 min for the massage session and we paid the difference at the spa. The massotherapist who took care of my massage was very good and professional. That was super relaxing. After the massage is over, we walked out to the jaccuzzi and pool (temperature hovering around -20C), it was freezing out there, but we enjoyed the hot water for sometimes, then walked to the steam room then to the sauna. That was such a relaxing unique experience.

We had dinner at night at the Bistro 360 Resto. The atmosphere was nice and not too crowded and noisy (somehow busy for a monday night ). The staff were very welcoming and we were able to choose the table we like. Food was fantastic and very tasty (nachos, salmon etc...), However, the service was veryyyyyy slow!!!! We checked in at the restaurant at 8:10 pm, and we got the first nachos plate appetizer at 9:00 pm! we were craving.... But after waiting for so long, tasting the delicious well-presented food made us forget all about the late service!

The bed was very comfy and clean (that was super important for me- cleanliness). Carpets, towels, shower robes etc.... everything was just fantastic! The room was quite. No noise and nothing was disturbing at all!

The next morning breakfast buffet was good as well. May be not the very best and rich buffet, since there was not much varieties to choose from, but overall experience was good!

Checking out was very quick. We settled the difference in the bill and no uneventful surprises.

I am looking forward taking the kids in the summer and enjoy the beach side and the water activities. I am very happy mu husband and I had some time off to relax, and that was absolutely a TOTAL RELAXATION GATEAWAY that I would recommend to every couple.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WCheb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esterel
Hotel Spa Chateau Sainte-Adele
#2 of 2 in Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson
Hotel Le Chantecler
Hotel Le Chantecler
#8 of 11 in Sainte-Adele

Been to Esterel Resort? Share your experiences!