Esterel Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Viking Resort & Marina(Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Alpine Inn(Sainte-Adele)
Good 3.5/5
Auberge du Lac Morency(Saint Hippolyte)
Average 3/5
Motel Chantolac(Sainte-Adele)
  • Pool
Motel Panoramik(Sainte-Adele)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewson siteget awayliving roomgas fireplacehot tubbeautiful viewst sauveurspent nightssmall beachgolf coursetoaster ovenmurphy bedbeautiful resorta lake view roomnordic bathsoutdoor spawine cellar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited Esterel years ago before its renovation and couldn't believe the transformation. The suites are elegant and comfortable. All suites have large balconies or terraces that overlook a landscaped garden area or Lac Dupuis. The golf course is conveniently situated just across the road. They have replaced the one big restaurant with three. With the exception of the Bistro, they were expensive. The hotel is clean and very modern but it lacks the distinctive French atmosphere and charm that marked the old Esterel. On the plus side, staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The lakeview rooms are expensive. Opt for a garden view and you'll be treated to a view of Lac Masson across the road. Try to get a room on the top floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank torontothoughts
Esterel39, GM Assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you M. Torontothoughts,
It is always a pleasure to read great comments like yours. We are very pleased to know that our product is satisfying our loyal clients.
It is our priority to cater every taste by offering various activities, food cuisines and style of lodging.
We hope to be once again, your host during your next trip in the Laurentians.
Cordially,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very well designed small suite so it feels a lot bigger . Everything you need is right at your fingertips. Perfect valet service (hats off to Simon) fast and efficient. Beautiful lake view and a nice beach !!! I will definitely go back .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank I_Am_A_Free_Bird
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hello M. Igosolo4me,

Thank you for staying at the Esterel Resort and sharing your experience. We are delighted that the design, the service and the view met and surpassed your expectations. We just received our last furniture to put around our pool and we are very proud of the final look. Beds, sun loungers, bar-‘casse-croute’, beach, volleyball court, paddleboard, pontoon; everything is in place to ensure that our guests have plenty to do, to drink, to eat and specially to have the best time!
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again,
Regards,
Maude Y.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed on the Emotion side for a weekend, and we couldn't wait to go home to get some peace and quiet. We were on what is called the golf side view. Well to see the golf course you would have to cut down some trees and look over the main road. What you actually look at is the parking lot and tennis court across the street. Not much of a view. And as you are on the "street side" all you hear are cars, especially doing rapid starts and then speeding after the two stop signs that are in front of this section of the hotel. However I doubt if the lake side would have been any quieter as the swimming pool and hot tubs are over run by screaming out of control and undisciplined children. In addition the noise from other inconsiderate guests. The guest above us dragged their chairs when they pulled them out even at 2:00 in the morning making it sound like they were "moving in" and didn't have the strength to lift anymore. Every night after midnight we were woken up by children running in the hallways, both on our floor as well as above and some drunken group of guest talking loud outside our door. I have never seen a place where there were so many guest that obviously did not discipline their children and let them run amok as well as inconsiderate guests!

And now for other issues of the resort. The one and only elevator in the Emotion side was out for the whole time we were there. So everyone was forced to walk up and down the stairs. Why a resort this size did not design to have 2 elevators in this section is beyond me. We met an older gentleman on the stairs having trouble and was so out of breath I thought we were going to have to call 911. I thought he was going up to his unit when in fact he was coming down. I have no idea how he got up to his unit as he was almost "dying" coming down. And it was not only the elevator that was out but also the steam bath area as well as the cable TV channels are "snowy" that I turned off and was glad that I had brought my laptop so that I can access into my Bell online to watch TV at night. The rooms were cozy and clean. Beds were not comfortable though. For this high end type resort I thought the mattresses would be a better quality. I had a more comfortable sleep on a Best Western mattress. Beach towels are available in a Esterel beach bag in your room which is a nice touch, however if you leave with them you will be charged $50. I thought they should have used this opportunity to advertize and give them to you as a gift especially at the price of the place. Each unit has a balcony or terrace, however the proximity of each leaves nothing in any sort of privacy. In fact if someone was reading a book on the balcony two over I am sure I could ready the pages as well. And 5 balconies over you can hear their conversation! The screen door to the balcony was flimsy and did not roll properly. For a newly built building this was surprising. The blind covering the patio door did not roll up all the way, so you have to duck every time you go in and out of the door. These little minor things should have been fixed before they opened the place up.

And as I mentioned the pools overrun by children, we had no intention of even sitting out by the pool for one second, something that we were looking forward to, but not screaming kids, running and splashing everyone. It was like a daycare with no care! Beaches on the property are small. There are loungers, but they are placed so close to each other they almost touch. Makes you feel like you are lying in the middle of a downtown Montreal street. If you want to take a walk, the only place is to walk along the main street. One part had a side walk for a little bit but most did not, and walking along the road you took your life in your own hands as the speeding cars may take you out. And one speeding car we saw come along then turned into park was an employee of the resort who was obviously late for work....but did not care if she took out a few guests in the process. And on the topic of staff. We found most staff as unfriendly and lacking smiles.....well that was if you did not show up in your Ferrari, then they were all over you tending to your every need including ensuring your parking space in front of the door was kept for you and your Ferrari alone.

Overall I would not recommend this place and we would not go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue B
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Sue B,
We would like to thank you for the time taken to share your experience with us. It is with guests comments that we are able to improve our quality of service and reach guests expectations. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to your hopes.
It is true that we had many families over the long weekend of the National Day and it saddens us to know that it disturbed your stay.
Concerning the elevator; the hotel tried all the possible ways to get it fixed, but the construction strike made it impossible to be repaired. This unfortunate situation put us and our guests in a difficult position and we cannot be sorrier for all the inconvenience that it caused.
Some of the points mentioned will be taken into account to ensure immediate action/repaired, and your comment will be transferred to all the proper departments.
Although we cannot do anything to change your experience, we truly do hope that you would consider giving us another chance. We would suggest you to stay in Evolution Hotel that has a better view on the garden or lake and to ask to be on the fifth floor.
Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to welcome you back to Estérel Resort in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The place is used for parties.
Hence, choose the part that is on the right when you are at the reception.
And as far away as you can from reception (same thing for the building to the left).
I had a big room on the ground floor facing the lake. I could swim in directly!
The water is a bit murky, but OK.
They have a nespresso machine in the rooms. If you relish a real espresso ...

Service is just OK.
My room was not well cleaned everyday, in particular the bathroom ...

The rest is so-so
We did not try the good restaurant - we had set meals, which was the average stuff you can get in any average restaurant
Nothing special with breakfast either. Not to the standard of the hotel.

Amenities were disappointing too. The gym is VERY small, with a couple of equipments only.
Running outside is not that nice, as it is mostly on the road, and usually away from the lakeshore, because of private properties lining the lake.
It will take you 30 min to run around the lake.
If you turn right after exiting the hotel, and right again at the first crossroad (direction hotel de ville), you'll see a trail starting on your left (trail number 2, 5.3 km). You can take it, and you'll end up to the road you just left (make a right when there). there are also two other trails (number 1 and 3) starting from there.

Room Tip: as far away from front desk; preferably the building on the right when you enter. Rooms on the lake are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank icbernard

Dear icbernard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry that we left the impression that the Estérel Resort is “used for parties”. We have many meeting rooms and mainly promote the calm and the relaxing ambiance that people research when coming in the Laurentians for leisure or meetings.
We are very proud to offer suites with direct access to the lake and we hope that you could understand that we do our best to maintain those private beaches as clean as possible, but it is hard to control the water quality.
Our hotel tries its best to be “green” in many actions. One of them is to raise our guests that our towels are changed only when they are left in the tub.
Once again, we are sorry that we did not reach your expectations and we hope you will give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We reserved at Esterel Ressort after I recieved a gift certificate for my birthday. We decided that since we were so tired from working so much that a spa could be a great place to relax and we added two more days to our stay.

When I called to reserve, I specificly mentioned that we wanted a room on the top floor and away from the noise. We were told that we would be put on the fifth floor and that we would be on the side where couples stay, a much quieter side. I had also told them that I had to work on the day we left and that we would arrive late, no problem they said, your room would be ready.

When we got there, we were told that the fifth floor was no longer available and that we would be staying on the second. For us, as long as it was quiet and facing the lake, we were fine with it. When we opened the door to our room, we saw that we were right next to the reception hall and that there was a very loud wedding reception going on. Not that I have anything about wedding receptions, I don't, but I do expect to be told ahead of time when I am paying those prices and especialy when we did not get what we had reserved.

I went back to the reception and told them that we would not take this room and they kindly got us the executive suite on the fourth floor but was told that it did not face the lake but had a beautiful view of the sunset. Ok then, I realy don't care about the sunset but we have no choice. They also promissed to move us the next morning once a room opens up on the lake side. Fine!

We get to the excutive suite and find ourselves facing a parking lot and what looked like a land mine desaster area. In front of that side of the hotel, was construction and the view sucked big time. It was getting late and we were both so tired that we had dinner in our room and went to bed with the loud music coming through from downstairs until one in the morning. Let's face it, not much sleep. We finally get to sleep and at five in the morning, they start cutting the grass on the golf course facing the parking lot. Again, wide awake.

Before heading to the restaurant for brunch, we stopped at the reception to see when we could move into our room. No, not ready, it will be put in priority and you should get your room around noon. No such luck. At one, the room was still not ready and we chose to cancel our two more nights and head back to Montreal.

The ladies at the reception were all quite nice and the food at brunch was amazing. I was so looking forward to these few days of relaxation but will probably never go back. The fact that I took time to reserve a certain kind of room and that I was promissed a quiet hotel yet was not given that made me so dissapointed in this place. Also, be advised that not all renovations have been finished and that on weekends it can be quite noisy!

I have always been someone who does not complain and take things as they comme. No more. This was just a total disrespect for what we were looking for and will never go back.

What a shame!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcel L
Esterel39, GM assistant at Esterel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Marcel L,
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience of your recent stay with us. In this regard, we are sincerely regretful that your stay has fallen short due to our difficulty to accommodate you.
Our guests are our top priority and we work hard to ensure that everyone got what they wanted. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee all requests on room preference, but we always promise to do our best to find adequate compromise to answer all needs.
We are deeply sorry that we have failed on this side, but we were full house and the reception found a way to move you in a quieter room -as it was your priority- and this by upgrading you to an executive suite.
The hotel has offered you a complimentary stay - which you refused upon departure – and we are sincerely sorry that you didn’t allow us to give you another chance to amaze you on our true service and products.
We apologize again for the situation, as this is exceptionally unusual.