After visiting Estrimont many times, my boyfriend and I decided to visit Esterel. I have been wanting to go for a long time and was very excited. After the 1.5 hour drive we arrived a little after 3pm and were simply told our room was not ready. We were not informed that we could use the Nordic spas in the mean time and were pretty much shooed away. Feeling kind of weird we just sat on the couch and waited with all the other guests who lingered not knowing what to do. Finally at 4pm we got our room key and went up to the 5th floor. Once we opened the door the first thing I saw was the snow piled up about 3 or 4 feet against the patio door. As a smoker I often look for suites with a balcony so I don't have to always leave the hotel. Upon further inspection I found the whole carpet was soaked and the moldings around the door and windows were brown and warping from the snow. I called the front desk, explained the situation and all she said she could do was send someone up with a shovel. Almost an hour later a guy shows up and his words were "Maudit tabernac" he tried to shovel the very hard snow and managed to create a very tiny space while getting snow all over the living room floor. My boyfriend handed him a tip and he never even said thank you but just closed the door. We soon realized that the room beside us had the same problem and those guests got to change rooms while we were told we couldn't. It was strange because. our balcony and the one next to us seemed to be the only ones inundated with snow. After a very disappointing check-in we were left in our room which we payed full price for with a wet floor :( I just wonder if we would have received better service had we been Francophone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estérel Resort offers an exceptional nature experience. Bordered by three navigable lakes, lush Laurentian forest and a Nordic spa, Estérel Resort’s two hotels offer a magical Laurentian backdrop, the ideal setting for a romantic getaway. An impeccable panorama and welcoming facilities make Estérel Resort the obvious choice for events such as weddings, conferences and corporate events. The three gourmet restaurants, banquet halls, suites with a fireplace and outdoor activities during both the summer and winter seasons are guaranteed to provide unforgettable memories. Treat yourself to a unique Laurentian experience with a stay at Estérel Resort. Estérel Resort, exceptional destination 1 h from Montreal – 6 h from Toronto – 2 h 15 from Ottawa – 4 h from Kingston 3 h 30 from Burlington, VT – 6 h from Boston, MA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Esterel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esterel Suites Spa And Lac
- Esterel Suites Spa & Lac Hotel Esterel
- Esterel Resort Quebec