“Pricey but good for occasions”
Review of Carrement Bon

Carrement Bon
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Cowansville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Atmosphere was very good, with jazz music piped in. Food was excellent & ample with some exotic choices available. I had escargots as an appetizer, soup, quail as a main course, followed by a cappuccino & chocolate cake dessert. My wife chose veal instead as a main course & our friend had seal meat appetizer followed by kangaroo as a main course. Cappuccino was only so-so, cake (a good size piece) was excellent. Service was good throughout & not arrogant as specified in other reviews (perhaps they read reviews & decided to improve). Our reservation & arrival was as they opened, we requested & had our high priced wine opened in advance. They did however have some issue finding the wine our (later-arriving) friend had given them for opening. Only 2 menus were provided at our table, thus I had difficulty following the waiter as he described all the specials of the evening. I later asked & was told this was procedure to limit menus at each table & found this a bit odd for a high end restaurant. Price with tax & tip included for 2 (wine not included bring your own) was $138 a bit high for being outside of a major metropolitan city. Reservations are a must.

There are newer reviews for Carrement Bon

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Have been there several times and each visit has been exceptional. The choice of meals as well as se exotic choices of mineral waters from around the world add to the charm of this restaurant. Open on weekends, this bring your own wine treasure is run by two wonderful gentlemen who personally assure that you have a memorable experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I concur with the other reviews. The arrogant, rude service outweighs the food. The restaurant was reserved for 50 and they were told that it was a conservative bunch who wanted beef and chicken. We had the choice of Bison, Pheasant, salmon and rabbit. The bison and pheasant was ok, as a choice, but then they ran out of bison and our table of 10 had no choice. I had 2 bottles of nice wine that they were very slow to open and serve and I DO NOT WANT your 11$ Italian water, tap is fine in the townships and bring it to me without attitude. REALLY... water bar in Cowansville are they kidding this isn't LA.
The appetizers were solid
The main meal was ok but steamed vegetables and potatoes leaves a little to be desired.
The waiters also interrupted the retirement speeches to serve dessert when they could have easily served silently like any professional waiter can.
Dessert was excellent.
Food was not above average for 55$
service was rude.
Will never go back
In Quebec there are too many above average choices with super nice service, even in the townships.

2  Thank BP10001
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food here is very good. Everything our group had was very tasty however the attitude of the waiter leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Arrogant and trying to rush the order while not really being patient to explain any of the dishes and selling how tasty they really are. If service was better this would likely be a great restaurant however considering the restaurant business relies on great food and service I would overhaul the serving staff or educate them on service. I wouldn't go back to pay for good food and short sighted service.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had our office party over there. The food was excellent but the owner's attitude wasn't. Here's why.
This is a BOB restaurant. They took our booze upon arrival to serve it themselves instead of letting us keep it at our table. But as we were a group ot 37, the wine service wasn't quite on time for a lot of us. We would have preferred keeping our bottles at our table.
They have a "water bar". We talked before on the phone and on each occasions, I declined the repeated offer to include an 11$ water bottle with the meal. Once again upon arrival on site I had to decline.
They had not set the correct number of seats and they placed to people in the corner between to tables which left no space for either of them.
Even though they said on the phone we could get water from the tap, we were denied water before everybody had the opportunity to buy water instead. Some didn't even get any water because of that.
Even though we were a large group, they asked us 55$ /person service and taxes included. I thought it was expensive for a large group, but I heard good thing of the food. When came time to pay, they charged me an extra 1 1/2 hour for the 5 servers because we overstayed! He never mentioned any of it before. He knew this was an office Christmas party. We were there from 5h30 to 11h00. No DJ or dancing,,, And the owner told me, with an attitude, that it was the same in all BYOB restaurant and that I should have known...

The food is excellent but the place isn't set for large group and the owner doesn't seem to want to do so.

2  Thank B1lld0zer