“I must have gone on an off night...”
Review of Restaurant La Factrie - CLOSED

Restaurant La Factrie
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After reading the tripadvisor reviews I made a point of going here, but it was just average for me. I had the pot-en-pot table d'hôte which was alright but at 35$ I probably could have done better elsewhere. It came with a beverage, a hearty soup (vegetable, best part of the meal), and a standard dessert. I found my main dish a bit bland. I would add, though, that I am not a fan of lobster so perhaps that was why I wasn't impressed. Lobster is available fresh and throughout the islands at very low prices so I didn't find their prices particularly special either.
If you do decide to go, it is not in Cap-aux-Meules proper but in Étang-du-Nord; you can get on chemin du Gros-Cap in Cap-aux-Meules but you will have to cross into Étang-du-Nord; googlemaps did not have the correct location.
Also, the woman who takes your order will expect a tip. I used to work in a restaurant where I took orders all day and never expected nor received a tip; I found that a bit much as well, but I think that is just where society seems to be headed.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

You just have to try this place to believe it. Cafeteria style but the quality and prices are so worth it.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

If you're going for lobster, this is the place to go.
We were there last week and I enjoyed a lobster in its shell and it was just like I remembered it.

It was the lunch menu, so the choices were limited.
So if someone in your party is not into lobster, the choices were limited.
I wish we could have gone for dinner as the evening menu is a lot more extensive.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

and the chowder, and the pot en pot. Simple and good.

1  Thank DouceVie
Reviewed August 30, 2010

When you enter this restaurant, located above a fish store, you may wonder where you have landed. The decor is formica, looking more like a public school refectory than a restaurant. Actually one has to go to the counter to order, and then take one's tray back at the end of the meal.

But the selection of food is excellent, all of it fresh.

Definitely not fancy, but excellent food. During our recent 3-week stay in the Iles de la Madeleine, we went to La Factrie 5 times, each time with a group of 8-12 persons, including 5 children ranging from 9-15.

2  Thank qppstudio