“Back for our Third Stay and Still Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Auberge West Brome
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brome
GreenLeadersGold level
south orange, new jersey
“Back for our Third Stay and Still Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just returned from our third vacation at the Auberge and Spa West Brome. This is such a special location, wonderfully situated in rolling farm lands in the Eastern Townships of Quebec.

Our accommodations were spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We chose the suite this time, with a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen. We also had two decks. The suite is lovely!

The spa services are top notch and the Indoor pool the perfect place to relax after touring the many interesting villages in the Townships.

Dinners are unbelievable--the chef is absolutely amazing and the meal choices always incredible. This year I had the Salmon three way appetizer (smoked, tartare and gravlax) and the vegetables with soba noodles as the entree. My husband had the leg of lamb which he reported was fabulous. We split the double chocolate dessert--one of the best desserts ever!

The staff is extremely friendly--adding a great deal to the experience.

We are from New Jersey and for us the Eastern Townships are a long drive. But we love the laid back and beautiful Auberge West Brome so much that we keep on returning.

Room Tip: We love the suites. Lots of space to spread out and not too much more than a regular room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gaudifan
pbergeronawb, Directeur général at Auberge West Brome, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Gaudifan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. What can I say, wow!, this is what we live for!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us so much & will share this review with our whole team,

Hope to meet you personally if/when we welcome you back to the Auberge,

Regards,

Pierre Bergeron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The resort was cozy and lovely. The rooms were spacious and very well decorated. What can I say about their breakfast? Delicious! They grow all their own organic vegetables, we also had dinner one night, it was exellent. My husband and I are already making plans to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pbergeronawb, Directeur général at Auberge West Brome, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Aristoninsurance,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Bistro & Garden have been well received and the comments are wonderful to read/hear. We have two separate TV stations coming for 'live feeds' from our garden this week. I feel it will grow (pun intended) to become an integral part of our culture (pun, again)
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Auberge. I will share your comments with the whole team,

Regards,

lac brome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

What an amazing time we had at the Auberge West-Brome. We had over 100 guests and everybody much enjoy their evening. The food, wine were really good. Marianne the maitre d'hotel had everything rolling just perfect. We had Martin Fontaine for band and that made really the cherry on top of the sunday.
The rooms were just perfect and it is a nice place to rest.
A special thanks to kim who organised us just so perfectly that we are going to do it again!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mme Lavigne,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at The Auberge & that your event went smoothly. You're right about Martin Fontaine, I caught a glimpse of his show and it was great!
I'll pass on your thanks to Kim & Marie-Anne,

Hope to see you again soon,
PIerre Bergeron
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Auberge & Spa in West Brome for dinner on a day trip out of Burlington (we did not stay at the spa). It happens to be close to a fun wine growing region in this area of Quebec just across the US border. Both of our meals were creative, wonderful and very special from the Caesar Salad to the dessert. . . a chocolate mousse with thin chocolate wafers. The meat on my lamb shank had wonderful flavor and literally fell off the bone. The chef is to be congratulated. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would recommend the Auberge to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the chance to organize a few corporate events at Auberge & Spa West Brome. Every year, my clients want to go back there. They like the place, service and food. I worked with Kim to make all arrangements. She is efficient and offered a great support. In the morning, the organizers, including myself, arrived very earlier and everything was in place and everyone were happy to help us with the last minutes details. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for work and was blown away by the hospitality and the beautiful pastoral setting. I got a great deal on a deluxe room through my work's travel provider and my coworkers stayed in the suites. Both are wonderful and have a kitchen if you want to bring food along. Adding breakfast to your stay is inexpensive (under $15) and it is highly recommended. The kitchen even opened half an hour early for us to accommodate an early start to our workday. Dinner included some great local options and the taste and presentation were fabulous. The pool and hot tub areas are great, with hammocks and loungers looking out over the rolling green hills and pastures. I would love to come back with family and friends sometime. Only thing I didn't like was the offensive automatic air freshener sprayer in the hallway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the back of the property, instead of toward the parking lot. Although t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pbergeronawb, General Manager at Auberge West Brome, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We have an amazing group of people working hard everyday to make our guests' stay memorable, this kind of feedback is always encouraging & I will certainly pass it on to all concerned.
I have to apologize for the offensive scented sprays in the hallway, you are absolutely correct about those and they have been turned off. I'll find a less aggressive replacement (actually, we can open the windows in the summer). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, we tend to get used to them.

Hope to see you again,

Auberge & Spa West Brome
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I love this place, beautiful and big room (suite), lots of windows and space, the restaurant is excellent, the personnel is very friendly, the location in the country is perfect and relaxing, quiet, the spa and swimming pool are great. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LHD844
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brome
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
Jay Peak Resort
Hotel Suites Lac-Brome
Hotel Suites Lac-Brome
#1 of 3 in Lac-Brome

Been to Auberge West Brome? Share your experiences!