“Top Notch for Cleanliness and Courtesy of Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Boischatel

Econo Lodge Boischatel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boischatel
Lewiston, Maine
“Top Notch for Cleanliness and Courtesy of Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality, and cleanliness of the hotel, and the courtesy of the staff while staying there. The room was small, but more than adequate for our stay. We stayed there overnight for our trip to Saint Anne de Beaupre.

The view from the Gazebo in back of the hotel, of the St. Lawrence River... and the bridge to the Island was gorgeous.

We will be making it our stopover motel on future trips to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hardford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

Well, the title said it all.

Bed bugs during my family one night stay there, my whole body from top to bottom, yeah, no exaggeration was in pain, big swelling bumps, reddish, itches, everything you can think of.

Then I had to be out of work for a week, otherwise, everyone would look at my face and they wonder if they are seeing an alien from outer planet.

yeah, oh yeah, the hotel didn't compensate me at all, only there to say sorry.
I guess they will do the same -- say sorry e.g. after punch you in the face, or even kill you.

I almost consulted lawyer for this situation, but after figuring the opportunity cost for myself, it didn't make sense financially.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sean123456
Great White North
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed two nights and were very pleased with the room, the "out of town" nature while close to the city (not to be confused with 'rural'...rural it ain't), cleanliness and VERY courteous service (and as bi-lingual as could it could be, given the circumstances).

We were greeted with a very cheery bon jour, and helped with selecting various points of interest to visit, routes to here and there, etc. I was given a code key for the computer use without even asking (though when I tried it on a whim the next day, it didn't work...but that may have been because I hadn't updated it for the day...no harm, no foul in that regard). Our room was on a second floor and we took the stairs, and I didn't see an elevator...so that might be checked on before staying here if you need one. The room was spacious, VERY clean, "crisp" and comfortable. Get this! There were electric outlets where you can FIND AND USE THEM!!! Those of you that travel much know how rare THAT is! No moving furniture or unplugging clocks or lights! What a treat!
Several downsides: The location is on a busy one-way highway, so entering the property puts you in the "entering pit-alley" mode during busy times. Likewise, to head badk to Quebec City, you have to run Est a ways to use the Demi-Tour (half-turn) lane to access the Ouest route of the highway. Other than that, it's okay. There was a bit of traffic noise between about 10-midnight, but okay after that. We put on the fan-only function on the wall unit and that little bit of white-noise cancelled it all out.

The free Continental breakfast was adequate, with various bread/bagel/tartes available as well as coffee/tea, juice, cream cheese, fruits, cereals (and instant oatmeal). No eggs, meats, yogurt, etc. like in the U.S., though. Fine for an Econolodge.

If you're outdoors-oriented as we are, you'll enjoy the St. Lawrence out the back door (literally), and with tidal influence here, it's always changing. We were here when the snow geese were everywhere heading north, so it was very special at low tide seeing thousands of 'em on the mud flats just a few hundred yards from the room. If you're a rock-hound, check out the rip-rap/bank protection behind the place...it's ancient shale, and many of the pieces have little fossil sealife embedded in them. Great for a "beachwalk" of discovery first thing in the morning. Enjoy your stay. We sure did.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsauken, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

This is by far the best Econo I've stayed in yet. Everything seemed brand new, and so clean. I'm not a picky traveler, but I was traveling with two elderly aunts who are very very picky and very thorough. They bring a flashlight and do a "bed bug" inspection any time we stay together. This hotel got their full approval (no bugs anywhere in our room!).

The front desk staff (perhaps the owner?) was very accomodating, and he didn't seem to mind speaking English to us (our french is not so good). The continental breakfast in the morning was what you would expect from econo lodge (toast, croissants, bagels, coffee, tea, and a variety of spreads and cereals). However, it was maintained beautifully, everything was so neat and clean, and nicely laid out. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

Travelling on budget with a friend we were looking for hotels that were decent and outside city limits so we could drive in and save some money. I picked this Econolodge because of the price - I didn't care so much what it looked like but was absolutely astounded when I got there.

It looked newly renovated, everything was kept in immaculate condition. The room was as nice as staying at a big expensive hotel except with a more quaint cozy small hotel feel. Really close to the beautiful Montmorency Falls and close enough to Quebec City.

Management was absolutely great. I had a memento on the trip that my girlfriend gave me to bring along - it fell off the bed and I forgot it. I didn't realize until I was in Ottawa that I had left it there and the manager on the other end when I called managed to keep me calm in my moment of panic. I also applaud him for understanding my broken French. In the end it was shipped to me saving me from unknown pain.

Would recommend to anyone considering staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

What a great spot for our little group to stay!! Very clean, exceptional service and out of the city, but not too far away. The staff did everything they could to meet our every need. I would highly recommend this hotel for someone looking for a great economical hotel in a safe area, clean, with a nice deck for your morning coffee. I am so happy we found this treasure of a hotel!!
Sharon, Fall River, Nova Scotia

• Stayed May 2009
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

The hotel is located on a very busy highway and if you open your window for air, all you can hear is the traffic zooming by. It is right on the river and has a nice deck to relax on. It is across from a beautiful waterfall as well. The room was tiny and had no closet or a place in the bathroom to put your toiletries. There was a bad smell in the room, as if they had mopped with a dirty mop. The room was not cleaned until after 4:30pm, and we were mad when we came back in to change for dinner and nothing was cleaned. All three days we had problems with housekeeping, and finally left a day early. Don't count on the free breakfast if you want something other than peanut butter toast or cornflakes.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Uninviting room, not relaxing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boischatel
Auberge du Littoral
Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec
#80 of 101 in Quebec City
Chateau Mont-Sainte-Anne
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel l'Aristocrate

Been to Econo Lodge Boischatel? Share your experiences!