“Nice”

Econo Lodge Boischatel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boischatel
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The room was clean and recently updated. No road noise in the room and right on the river. Has a good selection of breakfast items in the morning and staff is super friendly. The motel was convenient for us because we wanted to go to the falls just down the road in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed one night a this hotel. Typical Econolodge. About what I would expect for $68/night. The room smelled like Febreeze, which wasn't very fresh. The bed matress was more like a futon. All in all it was OK. There's a Subway and tim Horton's a few doors down. Previously I stayed in Beaupre, which is closer to more restaurants and stores. If I were to stay in this area again I would choose to stay in Beaupre.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights--cheapest hotel for a multi-night stay in the Quebec City area. Clean, presentable, and cheap. Only complaint is that the breakfast selection was very small. Other than that I would stay there again next time I come to Quebec City!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is one of the finest Econo Lodges we've stayed in. It is new and clean. It is an easy ride to Montmorency Falls which we love (it was the purpose for our visit.) Quebec City is only 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Top floor (there are two) is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Québec. We had read mixed reviews online when we booked, particularly about the front desk service. I am happy to say that the front desk service was excellent. The woman who checked me in was friendly, spoke French with me as much as I wanted, but knew when to clarify things in English for me and my husband. She was also very helpful in giving us directions (i.e. where to park in downtown Québec, how to best visit the Montmorency Falls, etc.). The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The location of the hotel was very convenient. We were a 5 minute drive to the Montmorency Falls, and a 10-15 minute drive from parking and exploring Old Québec. We were also a 15-20 minute drive from Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré where there are other interesting tourist attractions. The location along the highway made travel convenient, and although our room was facing the highway side of the hotel, we never had a problem with traffic noise. We also really enjoyed the screened gazebo overlooking the St. Lawrence River; we even enjoyed our dinner here one evening, watching the sunset and chatting with a lovely couple from Montréal. The breakfast was average, but we enjoyed the fact that real dishes, silverware and glasses were used rather than plastic and styrofoam. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here after visiting nearby Montmorency Falls. It was definitely cheaper than other hotels in nearby Quebec City. After reading the other reviews on TA, I was a bit disappointed and glad we weren't staying longer. The best part of the stay was the location on the St. Lawrence River, and watching the people wind surfing. Our room was toward the back, away from the road, so fairly quiet, and we could see the river through the window. The room was VERY small and basic, with 2 chairs, a small desk, and small fridge. We had a very firm queen bed which did provide plenty of pillows, and there was a murphy bed against one wall. Although clean, the room needed repairs. I noticed paint peeling on one wall. The thin towels should be replaced...some were fraying. The bathroom had very small counter space. There was free wifi, and the AC worked well.
The hotel is two stories, with no elevator, so beware if you have much luggage. The continental breakfast in the morning was sparse, with breads, cereal, fruit and coffee. No decaf. Nothing with protein.
For the price with our AARP discount, I wouldn't have expected much more except for the glowing reviews I had read. I was just glad we were only staying one night. If you go, ask for a room with a view and away from the highway.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the river, away from the street. If you don't want to use stairs, ask for a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This Econo Lodge is very well managed, the room is very clean and comfortable. The staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful, especially the front desk staff, Madeleine , she is a real gem. As we only speak English, she was ever ready to pick up the phone to help us, thank you so much for making us feel so at homelike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boischatel
Auberge du Littoral
#13 of 14 in Levis
Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay
Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay
#63 of 102 in Quebec City

Been to Econo Lodge Boischatel? Share your experiences!