We booked 2 nights at this Inn and most likely will not go back. The Inn is very beautiful, clean, peaceful, and accommodating. However, for the price, it was a little lacking. The food was very good the first night, although my husband who weighs about 220 at 6 ft tall, was never fed enough. Myself, an active 48 year old, found the food good but barely enough. For instance, when you serve rolls, in order to avoid waste or save $$ , they personally offer you 1 at a time. The new years dinner, was very lacking. They tried to serve 110 guests, and it was not successful. I ordered the Elk, (only 2 choices for entree) , and it was cooked ok but very tough - was supposed to be local and fresh but doubt it very much. Dont forget we were paying top dollar for this meal. All meals were served on cold plates: the soup was luke warm and tasteless; the other courses forgetable. It took way too long between courses to be served-- at least 20 minutes. This gets long for 5 course meal.
THE BAND: Oh my goodness, thank god for the piano player! I probably would have had to change our seating. The vocalist, while pretty, coughed during the first song, then barely had enough strength to make the evening, or she just couldnt project her voice, (we sat directly in front of her). The other singer (/drum player) was not a vocalist, to say the least - but i think had to sing to give the main vocalist a break-- too bad. Song choices were ok and didnt stop people from dancing. I guess I expect a little more when we are charged extra for the band! Terrible.
I was very disappointed not to skate -- being on the lake, there had been no snow clearing - with this cold spell there was no reason for this! So then I wanted to go dog sledding which was listed as a great activity-- They told me sorry - not offered at this time -- a sad explanation.
What was offered, which was the save of the trip was a great exclusive excursion of a two team black horse drawn wagon of the little area we were in. The driver was very experienced (as I know horses), the horses were especially well looked after, coats were gleaming, well fed, exercised, these beautiful Freisians (a cross between Persians and something else? forgot) were the highlight of our trip.
The hot tub is something I looked forward to, outdoors. I have been in many, - this one was not as hot as they are supposed to be. It was prefab. Not a good quality one either. Again, for the money - disappointing.
Overall, disappointing. Lacked enthusiasm for a New Years Eve party from the staff- The general manager wasnt even there, only saw him new years morning at breakfast, trying to excuse a problem that occured during the party for a couple that paid $$ for wine and it was not good, they had a hard time getting a different bottle. They were disappointed as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated only 75 minutes from Montreal and 15 minutes from Vermont, Ripplecove Hotel & Spa enjoys the regions premier location on a private 12 acre peninsula on Lake Massawippi, Quebec. Established in 1945, the family run luxury resort has consistently been awarded top honours as one of Canada’s finest hotels. Currently rated as a 5 Star hotel by the Quebec Ministry of Tourism and recipient of a double 4 Diamond Award for both its refined cuisine and luxurious accommodations, Ripplecove Hotel & Spa is simply one of Canada’s finest lakeside resort hotels. This exceptional hotel offers 32 luxury rooms, suites and cottages, most with lake view, fireplace and private lakeside balcony. All accommodations are individually designer decorated and offer luxurious country estate comfort in a pristine rural lakeside setting. Choose from an array of outdoor activities no matter what the season. Tennis, boating, heated outdoor pool, hot tub, bicycles; snow shoeing, skating and ice fishing are all offered on site. Nearby activities include 12 golf courses, summer theatre, shopping and farmers markets, vineyards and the internationally acclaimed “Foresta Lumina” a night-illuminated pathway and pedestrian suspension bridge located nearby at the Coaticook Gorge. If total relaxation is the order of the day, escape to Ripplecove’s Arboressence Spa, for a full range of Spa services using the internationally renowned organic Eminence Spa products. Nestled under 200 year old pine trees on the shores of Lake Massawippi, the Arboressence Spa offers the perfect setting to de-stress, detox and relax surrounded by nature. We hope to have the pleasure of giving you a warm welcome soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Ripplecove Hotel Ayer`s Cliff
- Auberge Ripplecove And Spa
- Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel And Spa Quebec, Canada