“Absolutely awesome!”

Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ayer's Cliff
Reviewed October 25, 2012

You know, there are some places (not too many though) in the world where you feel so good, where everything seems so perfect!
Ripplecove is one of them. The location is perfect, the rooms are awesome, the view on the lake and the mountains is amazing and the service is so great!!!
Not to mention the incredible marble and huge shower we had in our room!

The only downside (if there is one:)) is the costly dinner but it is fine cuisine in a chic country classic decor and I heard that they have one of the biggest wine cellar in Canada...

Thank you for your hospitality.
Look forward to go back!

Room Tip: no. 32 with the incredible shower :):)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went to spend a week-end with my spouse. First evening, the dinner was very good. The second night, they must have brought in a different chef but our steaks were terrible!!! For the price you pay, you expect consistent quality...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank World_Traveler007_12
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just spent the weekend at the Ripplecove to celebrate 30th anniversary.
A beautiful inn in a beautiful location. Staff friendly. Food is a dining experience, absolutely loved the 7-course gourmet supper with wine pairing. The little details tie the experience together....or break it. Communication was lacking between staff for my dream weekend away, which was a surprise for my husband.
We were shown to our room where sparkling wine and chocolates waited to greet us (part of the romantic getaway package), only the sparkling wine was not there. This was corrected immediately. We enjoyed the lake view from our balcony until supper then enjoyed a delicious meal.
Next morning at breakfast, we were not seated immediately - there were plenty of tables available - but instead were asked to wait for a table to be readied. OK, nice gesture to make sure we were seated at the window but would it not be better to ask? No explanation as to what was included in the package: cold buffet, hot plate or both?
At 15:30 arrived at the spa for scheduled treatments, my husband was taken on time, I had to wait 15 minutes.
At supper the second night, I had arranged in advance for the 7 course meal with wine pairing. I was taken by surprise when we were given menus and asked what type of beverage we wished to have to celebrate with: sparkling wine, wine, champagne? We asked for a few minutes, thinking there was a choice for the 7 course - there was not - and when the server returned indicated our choice for the 7 course with wine pairing. The meal, wine, presentation and wine explanations were a dining experience! My husband and I both enjoyed this very much and would recommend it. Then the bill came. Why a bill ? I had had this included in the package. When I mentioned my confusion on receiving a bill, they explained my package did not include the meal we just enjoyed and there was a surcharge. I explained I had this included when I made the reservations in August. I was then asked to accompany the server to the main desk to sort it out. Sigh.... We did however, get a tour of the wine cellar that my husband had requested during our supper. When checking out the next morning, it seemed a bill was missing.................
well the gates opened and all the little 'hiccups' of the weekend were listed - with the exception of being taken to the main desk after supper the night before - by now I just wanted to get out. The person handling my checkout apologized and mentioned the staff was only human. Yes, this is true however, because I am not a seasoned traveler, I researched inns and resorts before making my choice: confident my 'perfect' weekend was in reach with Ripplecove Inn, winner of 5 diamond awards. It was not to be and the price tag associated with the weekend, just way too high.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WilsonDeGuire
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We've just spent two nights at the beautiful Auberge Ripplecove - a marvelous setting, enhanced by the colourful fall foliage. It is actually the morning of our departure and the lake is mystically shrouded in fog, and laughingly punctuated by the sounds of Canadian Geese arguing about which way is south!

One can easily see the charm of this place, but unfortunately our visit coincided with a rather large, boisterous convention. If there were other guests besides the conventioneers registered they had the good sense to stay clear of the dining room! The cacophony of noise made for a very unpleasant meal - and there was not the slightest warning from the staff, or even a hint of an apology for our having to put up with this noisy invasion.

The food is good, but not great, and the menus themselves desperately cry out to be reprinted - they're a bit grimy from being well thumbed over their busy summer season. You would think by the end of September the kitchen would have naturally sought to change them - if only to reflect a fall menu.

We're presently off to the nearby Manoir Hovey and I'll be interested to see how they compare.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Travelling from Ottawa to Maine, we spent one night at the Auberge Ripplecove. The room was beautiful, spotless and had a lovely view of the lake.
The front desk staff were tremendously helpful, extremely efficient and even recommended a terrific hike which we enjoyed before returning to the resort for a memorable dinner. Excellent food. We were just past the busy season so we had the restaurant pretty much to ourselves.
The grounds and amenities are great as well.
We would love to return and spend more time exploring this beautiful region of the Quebec Townships!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in suite #26 and was really beautiful. We had a large terrace facing the lake. The view was amazing. This suite is located in an annex building a few feet from the main building. So quiet, so peaceful, romantic, perfect for relaxing. The area near the annex is really beautiful with the chairs and the dock extending in the water. As for the dinner, we had the pleasure of eating dinner on the outside patio for 2 nights. The food was excellent and the view absolutely magical. The patio is located really close to the water which makes you feel connected with nature. The breakfast was also very good. You expect the food to be good as this is a four-diamond restaurant. The hotel is so charming and the service is very good. Friendly, professional staff without being stuffy. Room was expensive but well worth it. The 2 only drawbacks are related to the bed: only a queen bed which is rare for a suite, and there was no duvet, only blankets (not typical of a 5 star hotel). But again, nothing is perfect, we would definitely go back, can't wait!

Room Tip: Would definitely book suite #26 because of the view and the quietness. Being in the annex was great.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just came back from a 2 day stay at the Ripplecove. Just perfect. Food is excellent and the staff very attentive. Gorgeous wine cellar. Views of the lake are very relaxing.
I saw a review that says that the food is pretentious. Not sure what that means. I found it refined and inventive. We will return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayer's Cliff
#1 of 16 in Sherbrooke
Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke
Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke
#4 of 16 in Sherbrooke

Been to Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!