“Situated close to the inner harbour”
Review of The Sticky Wicket

The Sticky Wicket
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Victoria
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ambiance is nice, with a sports related pub style feel. Had great service and food was quickly and efficiently delivered. We sat on the second level where we were able to view 2 huge projection screens. Food was reasonable and tasty.

1  Thank Norm G
There are newer reviews for The Sticky Wicket

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Read about this place in the local guidebook and with it being a microbrewery pub I thought it would be right up my street. No table service in the bar, which to me being a Brit was not an issue - I don't mind going upto the bar, however with the seating around the bar being occupied, you have to reach over and talk over those sat there.

When asking about what type of beer was which, was just given one word answers which was at best unhelpful and at worst down right rude and unwelcoming from the bar staff.

I for one would avoid this place like the plague, and this place will never get my business again - there are far better places to get a beer in the city - see my Bard and Banker review

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The service was horrible!!! Waitress took our order and when I asked if I could have my French Onion soup before my entree she basically said. I will bring it when I bring your food...so she did. Once I was done with my soup the rest of my meal was cold. Rarely came to our table to check on us and said I could only have two free refills of iced tea. So let me understand this...say I was the designated driver you are only allowing me to have 3 refills? Following the meal, she came to the table with the bill and scanned my credit card at the table and waited as I put the tip... nice intimidation. it didn't work she still only received 8%....

Wouldn't recommend. Food was ok but not worth the crappy service.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have never seen worse service. The waiter took the order and then never returned to see if we needed anything. We waited forever for our food. I ordered something to go for a family member, and when he finally brought our bill (he did not bring the food to us, and we had to ask for the check). I said "do you have the to-go order?" He said he did and then came back and said he forgot to add it to the bill, but it would be out in two minutes. He had not even ordered it. This is not the first time we've had bad service there. They have one good waitress -- short hair in her 50's and very attentive. The rest are horrible.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I liked it. A good selection on the menu, the pub had a fun atmosphere. I had the special and it was good value.