“Cozy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orient Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
The Orient Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Victoria B&B and Inns
Canada
“Cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this historic inn... The staff is really friendly and I enjoyed meeting fellow vacationers at breakfast. A couple things to improve are extend breakfast hours, as 8 to 9 is too early when you are on vacation and also increase portions of the hot dish. I left breakfast feeling hungry the 3 mornings I was there!

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Ruby9988

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Orient Hotel is good small hotel in an interesting village. The village is in an attractive location; and, in spite of its small size, it has some good restaurants.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RGGarrett
Otisfield, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

My daughter, her boyfriend and I stayed here Labour Day weekend 2010. We came to PEI (3rd visit in 2 yrs), to drop my daughter off at UPEI. Hurricane Earl was scheduled to arrive the day after us. Rooms were clean, (we were on 3rd floor) and quiet, plenty of hot water for showers (you know teenagers). Water & flashlights were given to us in case of a power outage. Wireless network was great for internet access and our hostess Wendy couldn't have been more accommodating. Breakfast (in Mrs. Profitt's Tea Room) was thoroughly enjoyable. A different egg dish every day . . . and we all left feeling full. Portions were just right. Conversation flowed with the other guests as we all shared our previous day's travelled and current plans. Victoria is a lovely little town to walk around, lots of older houses and the Community Theatre just down the street. I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank strout99
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a nice B&B in the totally adorable town of Victoria-by-the-Sea on Prince Edward Island's southern coast. My friend and I chose it to be our base camp for exploring the island based on previous reviews. While it is a bit more expensive than similar B&Bs on the island it is in a charming location. Wandering the little town was wonderful. Our room, the one with rather firm twin beds, was decorated in a 'nautical theme' and had a great, large bathroom.

The hotel was purchased by Wendy, the new operator, about 6 weeks before our visit, and this is her first time running this kind of business. It shows. However, she is incredibly friendly and eager to please - both points in her favor. I believe she has been able to keep some of the previous support staff which has probably helped the transition. The atmosphere of the hotel is friendly and relaxed. We were there before the real start of the tourist season so perhaps that helped the calm atmosphere - I can't tell.

This is not a place where you will mingle with the other guests, as the only common room other than the breakfast/tea room is not well set up for lounging and conversation. You get the feeling the chairs are set there for looks, not use.

Also Wendy said she would be adding a computer for visitors to use, which would be a great addition.

The one area that really needs some attention would be the breakfast half of the B&B. Portions are tiny and protein is missing. You begin with self-serve cold cereal and toast, with the addition of a freshly baked little item. The oatmeal muffins were fantastic. Then you are served the smallest breakfast imaginable with adorable fruit garnish that I think is supposed to be a serving of fruit. It doesn't come close. There is tea or coffee depending on your preference, as well as juice. But the whole time I was wanting some eggs, or a bit of bacon or sausage. Also the French Toast was really really dry.

In all I would suggest staying here. However, I hope the breakfasts become more filling, since there aren't a whole lot of other places to grab a bite in the morning. I know. We looked!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Minervaa
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Victoria is sort of a quiet backwater off the highway - but with a fine restaurant (Landmark Cafe), a theatre (we didn't go), and a small collection of nice shops. We found it a perfect way station near the Confederation Bridge. The hotel is charming: congenial host, a delightful tea/breakfast room, very quiet. Our room on the second floor was small but with a nice view. the bathroom was tiny, with the smallest sink I have ever encountered, but everything was perfectly comfortable. We enjoyed afternoon tea, strolling through the village, and the peaceful nature of the place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelguy51
Central IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

Bob and Bonnie are great hosts; he cooks and she serves. The tea room is also great. The town of Victoria is really small, but cute. It has a few places to eat and shop. If you like quaint places, you will love the Orient Hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bonjo22
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

I travel a lot and their are few times that a hotel creates a new and unique travel experience for me. The Orient Hotel is by far the best way to spend time on this island for the following reasons. The hotel is the second oldest hotel on the island and is located in a small, quaint village by the water that has a several great eateries (cheapest lobster on the island too).

It is located about a 30 minute drive from Charlottetown and makes for a great place to ping pong across the island. We stayed in the suite which was very nice. Honestly, all the rooms were nice. If this is your first time to PEI, I STRONGLY recommend this hotel because this type of stay is difficult to find nowadays.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoria
The Harbour House
#4 of 23 in Charlottetown
Elmwood Heritage Inn
Elmwood Heritage Inn
#1 of 43 in Charlottetown

Been to The Orient Hotel? Share your experiences!