“Excellent value for your $”
Review of Rollo Bay Inn

Rollo Bay Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Souris
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Little bit older but comfortable & the owner/manager is all about customer service. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place is very reasonably price and it is quite clean, the view is not bad overlooking a green space (and a LITTLE bit of ocean). Just outside of Souris, so it's quite quiet, which is what I was looking for.

Passing grade for a 2 star inn, no bed bug contrary to others may have feared.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I absolutely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Souris. What a helpful bunch of people that run this place. We had been travelling for some time and although the did not have any laundry facilities for the public to use, the lady kindly offered to throw my laundry in and do them for me when I asked her if there were any facilities in the area. The Inn was very quiet. I recommend the King Suites as they are bright and sunny and LOTS of space. The lighting in the bathroom was amazing and they have one of those heat lamps that help you dry off, very nice. Located very close to numerous beaches and also the Ferry Terminal. Rates were great and the breakfast in the morning wasn`t too bad either (it`s a free toast and cereal thing). My only downfall is that there is no restaurant and the only restaurants in town were one sit down restaurant and a few fast food places - however, if your up for a drive we did find some in neighbouring communities. Very highly recommend - will return!

Room Tip: I would personally request a suite - they are very reasonable in price as well and provide much more...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjpalmer08
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I enjoyed the Rollo Bay Inn and even if it's not the most modern place, it is very clean, comfortable, and well, close to the ferry. As you get there late at night and just want to get a shower and sleep, you will sleep well and for a decent price (around 80$ including taxes). There was a continental breakfast but as I was the only client the night I stayed there, I didn't found the buffet - either it was not there or I missed it. There is also complimentary wireless, that is nice to pass time the next morning :) Late chekout too, noon, was appreciated.

I would recommend this place to anyone that choose decent price and sleep quality over trendy and expensive places ; it's clean and comforable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank EliiMaud
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This inn is very nice however the rooms are in serious need of updating. Tv is from the 80's, stains on the PINK carpet etc. room was very clean. Good location.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This Inn is old and in need of renovating. The room had old bedding and stained carpets. Always gives me a creepy bed bug worry when I'm in old rooms like that. No breakfast. It's not right in Souris, it's 5 min drive out. The place was half empty and they were too cheap to upgrade us to a King bed. Really not impressed with this place. The town of Souris is pretty dead anyway so I would recommend staying in Charlottetown and head East in the morning.

Room Tip: don't bother staying here unless they renovated since June 2011
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at the Rollo Bay Inn recently and found it to be clean and comfortable, Sure it is not the flashest place in PEI, but it's in Souris, a tiny little town with not many places to stay! I am surprised about the previous review, because we certainly did not find it in that bad condition (we stayed first week of August), front desk staff were fairly friendly, our room was clean and large. They got extra towels and sheets when we asked for them for our little one. If going to Souris again I would stay here again, quite adequate accommodation!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VancouverKiwi76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Souris
Mill River Resort
97 mi away
Singing Sands Inn
Singing Sands Inn
#3 of 3 in Souris

Been to Rollo Bay Inn? Share your experiences!