“Stay someplace else”

Ranked #1 of 3 Souris B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Stay someplace else”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I must say I agree with some of the other negative comments. We stayed here as part of a cycling tour. The room and bathroom were clean. However, the main floor common rooms all smelled moldy. The breakfast was a self-serve continental which is not enough for anyone trying to get ready for a 75 km bike ride. We did find the innkeeper to be friendly and helpful, but we couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CBS_Canada

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NB
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Wish i would've read the reviews before booking my night at the McLean Inn. Usually when entering a B&B you are greeted by the owners and the next morning served a hot breakfast. I guess this is my fault cause i assumed we were getting the hot breakfast but instead were told we had a continental breakfast which consisted of two kinds of fruits still in their box on the table (which i was told by a guest to wash the fruit...she did not seemed to please either) and bread in the fridge that my husband ( who eats ANYTHING) had to throw out cause it was not edible. We ended up paying for a real breakfast at the restaurant next door. We were also greeted by this young girl at our arrival who was very pleasant and helpful every time we had a question. She was not the problem but i was just expecting the owners of the Inn like the other B&B we ever been too. It's an ok place to stay if you just need a quick place to stay cause everything was clean. I too kept hearing people on the sidewalk (swearing and yelling) on their way to the tavern next door. I did not keep me awake at night though fortunately for me.
To me it was just a cold place to stay compared to the warmness of other B&B. Too bad!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joce45

Travelers are raving about these Souris hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

To be honest, I really wanted to say something positive, so the one thing I can say is that it was clean. Now my stay was ruined by an 8 am wake up on a Saturday morning with renovators doing drywall work in the very next room. There was no consideration from the innkeeper Barb McPhee, who pursed her lips when I mentioned we were woken up. She did not take the opportunity to apologise and stop the work. Them we were subjected to a half hour if vacuuming drywall dust. And when I mentioned the noise again, it was as though we weren't really guests. She brought tea and banana bread to the worker instead. After all this is McPhee's, they own this town with a market and a street named after them. So if you have to stay the night in Souris RUN don't walk to another B&B!! I've stayed in so many small and big towns in the Maritimes, and enjoyed the famous hospitality, but you will not find it here.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank merlin888
PickyoneNovaScotia
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed on a Friday evening, we paid 127.00 for our room. The inn is not 500 feet from the local tavern, loud music and partying more than within earshot until 2 am at which time the party comes outside into the parking lots, fights, yelling and squealing tires et al. I would not recommend this inn as it is not the tranquil and quiet place professed to be on its website. Unless of course you are into partying and are not hoping for a little peace after a day of traveling.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PickyoneNovaScotia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Souris
Singing Sands Inn
Shady Lane B&B
Shady Lane B&B
#1 of 3 in Morell
Points East Beach Motel

Been to McLean House Inn? Share your experiences!