“Comfortable- great host and location.”

Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I travelled with a group of friends, and initially booked a 2br cottage. When I contacted Vicki we were very fortunate to be able to upgrade to the Home Place - a lovely house overlooking the water. Very clean and spacious, fully furnished, and well equipped - very comfortable beds, in a house with a welcoming feel. Wish we could have stayed longer! Very friendly manager, Vicki assisted us with information on the area re restaurants, groceries etc. and what was still open as the 'season' was coming to an end. Excellent value for money in a delightful location. Thanks Vicki.

Room Tip: Choose the Home Place- it's delightful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LindyAussie_10
There are newer reviews for Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Country Escape was the perfect spot for our two-family vacation to PEI. The house sits up on a rise overlooking the ocean and it's a lovely 10 minute walk to the gorgeous and free Anglo Rustico beach. The house had everything we needed for cooking meals, having evening s'mores by the fire, and letting the kids run and play in the yard. Plenty of space for two families and lovingly decorated! We didn't use the pool at Dreamweavers Cottages because we were on the beach most of the time, but it's a nice option to have. We found the location absolutely perfect - close to a great country grocery, to Anne's Land, to quaint North Rustico Harbor and to all of the Provincial Park beaches. Perfect spot for a much-needed getaway!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MontpelierHeidi
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We are so glad these families had a wonderful relaxing PEI holiday after their long drive. It sounds like it was well worth it...it really is! My youngest daughter was recently home from Calgary for a visit and after she left I made a list of all the things she did, many of them similar to the ones this family enjoyed. The list was really really long! And at one point, when I was pestering Rosie to go on a daytrip to the other ends of the Island, she said "Mom day trips are my least favorite parts of my visits home." After I got over being offended and gave it some thought, I realized my daughter meant she just found so much comfort and pleasure out of all the places and people that are familiar to her in the Rustico area: beaches, berry picking, digging clams, bonfires on the beach, pirate night on her friend's Dad's fishing boat, Cow's Ice cream, Lennie Gallant concerts, breakfast at PEI Preserves, Black Light mini golf with her Dad, fish frys and fresh lobster, shopping at the Dunes and How Bazaar and the list goes on. We hope these lovely guests get to come back to stay with us as their family grows and explore more of our magical Island together as I've just done with my daughter!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights from 30th June, and could not have asked for a more helpful or considerate host than Vicki. There were 4 of us, 2 young kids and 2 adults in a 1 bed-roomed cottage, cottage #2 which has the most incredible views out over the bay and sea, and were very very happy with the cottage itself and the site as a whole. Vicki was most helpful during my inquiries while I was researching places to stay, and looked after us very well during our visit with a good and sympathetic series of recommendations. I would heartily recommend Dreamweavers cottages for a family stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nigel C

We really enjoyed hosting your young family and hope to see you back on PEI some day soon. Next time you may want to take in the Festival of Small Halls that runs for 10 days in mid-June. As you've discovered PEI is full of music and hospitable people. The communities of Rustico have such a beautiful coastline and are so clean and fresh it makes our job easy!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 5 nights in the one-bedroom cottage. I was having a difficult time determining where to stay in PEI, and from the get-go Vicki (the proprietor) was very responsive to all my questions and very friendly. The cottages are in a great location - just a 5 minute drive to Cavendish (which has a very basic grocery store, Cavendish Beach, and a bunch of attractions), very close to Rustico Harbour (not much going on, but very scenic with some cute restaurants), and about 35 minutes from Charlottetown. Very pleased with the location and would definitely stay in this area again.

Pros:
- the cottage actually has a lovely view that overlooks the ocean in the distance. This isn't hyped up very much on the website. It's very peaceful.
- the off-season price is very good value for what you get. Although none of the furniture, dishes or appliances are new (don't expect that they will be, otherwise your expectations are too high!) it is everything that you need. If I were paying a lot of money however, or if you expected a newly renovated place I might have been disappointed. The cottage is showing it's age, but then again everything is nice and clean and if you wanted something fancy, you probably wouldn't select here.
- Bed was quite comfortable & bathroom was recently renovated.
- Tons of movies, kitchen appliances, etc. that you can borrow from the front desk to use in the cottage.

Improvement points:
- We cooked lobster one night in the cottage and had a bunch of shells (obviously) that we had thrown out. The garbage wasn't changed for two days - and it was full and smelled. We were told garbage was changed daily, but this must have been overlooked (that being said - if we had mentioned something at the front desk, I'm SURE they would have changed it right away - they're really helpful).
- Our sheets weren't changed in the middle of our stay, which would have been nice.
- Beware of people hogging the washer & dryer! The washer & dryer are communal, and there was a family that left they're wash in the machine most of the day and then when they returned, they put in another load (other people are waiting! Be respectful!).

Overall, we both really enjoyed this place. I thought it was really good value (again though - I stayed in the off-season!) and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank puffychild
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in June and were very happy with our selection.
The location is ideal, minutes away from North Rustico for groceries, seafood and fishing.
The furniture/bed was comfortable and the kitchen well equipped.
Was as described and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blackwater01
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at Dream weavers last weekend as part of a graduation party for 2 nights. I must say I was impressed by the condition of the cottages and the size. We stayed in a 2 bedroom , which also has a nice bedroom tub for two!! Each cottage had its own bar-b-que and lots of dishware. There is a nice play area and pool (not open yet) for kids. Free wi-fi is also available and worked very well.

It's location is fairly central, but you still have to drive if you want to do a beach walk or need something at a store. That's the only down side.

The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful in accommodating our large family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mexigood
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at Dreamweavers Cottages for four nights and had a great time. The cottage was super clean, comfortable, well equipped, and we felt at home right away. The pool was very warm, great for swimming in the evening after a day of activities. The location is great, with a view of the water and close to all the local activities and the National Park. I wished we had planned a longer stay in our itinerary as there's so much to see and do in PEI. Thanks Vicki for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank J S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustico
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
#5 of 8 in Cavendish
Sundance Cottages
Sundance Cottages
#5 of 21 in Cavendish

Been to Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home? Share your experiences!