“Love my stay!! Awesome!”

Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I recently stayed at Dreamweavers 1 bedroom cottage. I totally enjoyed my stay there. Had an oceanview, and I can't say enough about the air massage tub. It was the best whirpool tub I have ever been in and I have been in a few. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank 28dondon
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review! We have found that many of the guests really enjoy the air massage tubs. They are the Ultra Bain brand and are made in Quebec. They are considered top of the line and provide a very relaxing massage tub without the buttons that the water tubs have that can be kind of annoying. Our honeymooners really love them! So if you are looking for a second honeymoon....or just a nice get-a-way like this customer we suggest you try them out.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Does not live up to the website description, from the reception desk located in a room filled with junk to the non-availability of anyone to help with information. We stayed in a colttage that was quite spacious but not clean. The brown towels ran with brown dye when wet. Cobwebs and dust bunnies along baseboards, non-functioning jacuzzi and laundry room next door made our experience less than what we paid for. This is camping out at B&B prices. Probably a satisfactory place to stop with a camping family to do your laundry and sleep in a bed. But if you want a relaxing cottage experience, there are so many lovely places on PEI with responsive friendly proprietors at lower prices, why stay here?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 432SAM
dreams011, General Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

It is unfortunate that this guest did not take the time to contact us with any of her concerns. I realize that she may have been struggling with the time change as she had flown in from the West coast. The guest laundromat hours are posted as 9 until 9 and our guests adhere to it for the most part. If a guest was doing laundry outside those hours we could have removed it or put it through our work laundry. Of course 9 am PEI time is 5 am BC time.
Just after this guest was here for her two night stay one of the other guests asked us for the older white towels as the new chocolate brown towels were still shedding lint. We had washed the new towels once before putting them in circulation but apparently they needed to go through the washer and dryer twice to remove excess fluff.
After reading this review I took a look around our reception area and this is what I saw. Sand toys, kid's wall art, over 300 free movies, tourism literature, my messy desk, cots and cribs and a shelf full of extras for the guests to borrow- lobster pots, slow cooker, cookie sheets, BBQ lighters etc. We also keep back-up appliances in the office in case one should break down when the store isn't open for us to replace it- toasters, kettles, coffee makers etc.
When this customer booked I made an exception to our minimum four night stay rule that applies in July and August. I also upgraded her to a two bedroom which has the big double air massage tub at no additional charge. Our air massage tubs are top of the line and in thirteen years of running Dreamweavers we have not had one night when any of the tubs were not functional. It's too bad the guest didn't call us on the toll free number for advice on how to press the buttons or refer to the manual which is kept in the bedside table drawer next to the tub. That tub also had a brand new set of taps installed in the spring.
The evening of this guest's arrival I was celebrating our 30th anniversary at a dinner party with my husband and daughters who were home from Calgary. My right hand gal lives two minutes away from the property and is fully capable of handling check-ins. We are never far away(in fact I sleep with my cell phone by my bed in case a guest needs anything in the night) and would have been more than happy to address any problems had we been advised of them. However with only five cottages and two vacation homes we aren't able to provide 24 hour front desk service.
We are a 3.5 star Canada Select property and have been selected continuously as a Quality Incentive Program property, which exemplifies the level of quality and cleanliness visitors to our beautiful province have come to expect. We are often complimented on the cleanliness of our units by the guests. That's not to say that we are perfect and occasionally dust balls may get missed. As manager I would have been more than happy to respond and address this guest's issues had I had the opportunity.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

We had our family reunion here, and it was great. It accommodated our entire family ranging from ages 1 – 65. There were many things for us to do on and off site.

On site we could have bon fire, and swim in the heated pool, a swing set was available for the younger ones and a great selection of movies for us to choose.

We also had great laundry facilities, the view was picture perfect, and the cabins were beautiful.

Off site, we were very close to Charlottetown, which means all the attractions were very close, there is a grocery store near by, and the beach was a three-minute drive. You could not get any better.

I loved staying here, and the people that work for Dreamweavers Cottages were the friendly bunch of people you could ever ask for.

This place will be the first spot we will come back to when visiting PEI. Thank you so much for the memories and the excellent time.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Ronda1Moncton
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We are so happy that everything worked out for this group, who were our first family reunion group. Once we had completed the renovations to the 4 bedroom vacation home, Dreamweavers Home Place, we were able to offer reunion groups a great meeting and cooking place for large groups. Our property is now big enough to host a reunion group but small enough to provide the intimate family and friends atmosphere that makes for a successful reunion.
Thanks for your review!

Reviewed May 25, 2010

Dreamweavers was perfectly situated in the cozy town of North Rustico. We stayed in cottage #1 & #4 and the views of the ocen, lighthouse and bay were breath taking. Vicky, the owner was a delightful host and we enjoyed our chats with her. The cottages had every amenity you could ask for in a small seaside cottage. We were a quick drive to Cavendish, for those wishing to take in the breathtaking seashore or Green Gables. We truly enjoyed the off season vibe ie: the tourist traps, traffic lights, lines. It was just the red sand, blue sea and green grass. we are planning on returning as soon as we get the chance. It is a short drive to resturants, markets, beaches and shopping. Just perfect for those looking for a simple quiet escape minus the frills of a fancy hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Historychick77
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

What a lovely review! We really enjoy showing our spring and fall guests all the gems PEI has to offer that may get overlooked with all the other competing summer activities. We've hosted many honeymooners and second honeymooners and they all say they've had a great time.
This guest does a great job of encouraging people to take in everything the Island has to offer. Thanks for the help with that!

Reviewed July 13, 2009

I would reccomend anyone to stay at dreamweavers, located just out side the cute village of Rustico, dreamweavers offers great vistas and hospitable service. Located near all the tourist hot spots, golf, beaches and true island culture is never far away. I stayed at Dreamweavers with 4 other people and two large dogs. The staff was more then accomidating and made sure that our stay was most enjoyable.

Most importantly Dreamweavers was able to accomidate us last minute, booking during peak season and while the cavendish music festival was underway.

I would personal like to thank the proprietor, Vicki Redden Gautreau for here excellent service.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TrevorSteeves
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. Even though we do have a four night minimum in July and August we are often able to accommodate shorter stays between our longer stay guests and have flexible arrival and departure dates in all of our units except the 3.5 star 3 bedroom house, the Country Escape which books Saturday till Saturday in July and August. Our 4 star 4 bedroom house books with four night minimum in the summer.
We hope we can accommodate this guest again!

Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I needed a quiet getaway weekend and Dreamweavers Cottages was the perfect spot! The cottage, nestled in scenic Rustico was clean, charming and well supplied with anything and everything right on down to votive candles. We are happy to have found this little treasure of a spot and we will be returning and recommending Dreamweavers Cottages to all we know!

Catherine Ann and Jim Dickson

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank islandlupin

Thanks for the review!

Reviewed August 21, 2007

We stayed at Dreamweavers cottages (Rustico - North Rustico, Prince Edward Island) for four nights at the beginning of August 2007. Our plan was to stay seven nights, but on the fourth night we found that our cottage is infested by mice. We first saw one running under the fridge and when I moved fridge he/she run under the stove. After removing the stove, I found that that area was not cleaned at least last two years and that there is a hole in the wall for our little friend's convenience. I plugged the hole with a piece of plastic and my daughter and wife went to sleep. I stayed in the living room and after maybe an hour I saw another mice looking at me from under the heating element. When we reported this to the lady who owns cottages she tols us that day before other guests also saw mice but they put some poison and some traps and everything will be fine. When we said that we would rather change accommodation she accepted to refund money for remaining nights (no offer for compensation for the night that I spent hunting mouse), but explained to us that we are very lucky because it's her policy to take money for the wole stay without refunds (no satisfaction guarantee. She also accused us that we are making two much fuss about two little mice and that if we ever stayed in cottages we should know that mice can always enter. She did not really care as most accommodations were full and we saw later that day that "our" cottage was rented to the family with toddler.

So, if you like to share your habitat with rodents this is a place for you. If not, stay away from Deramweavers.

1  Thank bumbar
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2009

As manager of Dreamweavers Cottages and Country Escape I would like to correct the inaccuracies in this review. As I discovered from QTS, PEI's licensing authority, after this incident, because of a mild winter and a decline in the fox population, PEI experienced a big jump in the field mouse population in the summer of 2007. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had problems with them coming into the buildings, something that normally only happens in the late fall when we are closing down and they are seeking shelter. As I tried to explain to these guests in late fall we have to be super vigilant but I had never heard of mice coming inside in the middle of the summer when they are much happier out in the fields. I explained this to try to reassure them but it had the opposite effect.

QTS did an inspection that day and advised us to spray additional foam under one of the rads even though there were no holes that we could see. We consistently plug any holes with foam but a field mouse can get in a hole the size of a dime. The inspector also advised us that It's quite possible the mouse came in if they left a door open for very long.

I spent about two hours with these guests trying to calm them down and find them alternate accommodation that was comparable to 3.5 star Dreamweavers with a pool, not an easy task at the peak of the peak season. It seemed that the more I tried to help the more upset they got to the point where they told me they were leaving PEI. I did in fact offer to reimburse these guests for the night of the unwelcome visitor.

I definitely did not rent this cottage again until we had passed inspection and caught the offender (that afternoon with peanut butter- works every time) and had no more evidence of his or any of his potentially confused buddies' presence. We have consistently been included in the PEI Quality Incentive Program for cleanliness and quality and put a lot of work and thought into creating a clean, safe and restful atmosphere for our guests. I am very grateful to a guest who just booked who let me know about this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustico
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
Resort at Cavendish Corner
Resort at Cavendish Corner
#5 of 8 in Cavendish
Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottages and Suites

Been to Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home? Share your experiences!