“The only place open around Green Gables in the off season”
Review of By the Bay

By the Bay
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Rustico
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Where the locals eat..
Description: Where the locals eat..
Reviewed April 18, 2012

After travelling along the near-empty roads of PEI for several hours on a warm, sunny Saturday in April, we were surprised to find how little was open when we decided it was time for lunch. The guides at Green Gables advised us that this restaurant would be open. It has a simple, diner atmosphere, but everything is freshly made up for you and prepared exactly as you want it. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and helpful! The food was good, simple lunch food which suited us perfectly and didn't disappoint. The restaurant is exactly what it purports to be...and it does that well.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I admit, I eat here quite a bit in the summer. But the food is below average.
The thing is, it's cheap, and the place is friendly. What more do you want from a small fishing village?

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Get the seafood platter, you won't regret it! Waitresses were great as well.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

nothing special here average breakfast pretty bad service food taste not consistent .....

2  Thank asshol
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Myself and my wife have been frequenting By the Bay for several years now and even though I am mentioning the breakfast in the caption, I have not had a poor meal at By the Bay(including the fish and chips). By no means is By the Bay advertised as 'fine dining' who in many cases also serve 'freezer' fries that just cost more. The breakfast is like your mother or grandmother used to make. Fried potatoe hash with onion and all the tasty appeal that it should. I am picky with breakfast and I say this breakfast is the best. Better than I make myself and I make a killer..lol. It is home cooked, family owned and operated and does a darn good job at it. Innovative drive Thru and all. Mother Parker's coffee(way better than Tim's-nuff said). Service with a smile by someone that gives a crap how the day is going. They no everyone that come in. Even those of us they have not seen since last year. All the locals go there and that kind of dumps on the bay food bad service reviews since locals do not go back to a place that often if it sucks!!! Hope by the Bay keeps doing its thing forever.

CCR