“WARNING! PLEASE READ”

Cymbria Tent & Trailer Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rustico
Cymbria Tent & Trailer Park
Miramichi, Canada
“WARNING! PLEASE READ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I typically do not write reviews, it simply is not my thing. However I feel I must warn fellow RVers of this particular campground. I never book a campground without first contacting the park, this is something most people do. I always advise the campground of the size of my RV, it is a large 42 ft, fifth wheel. As my equipment requires ample parking space, I provide campground employee's with the dimensions. In this case, I was informed that the campground is fully suitable, and can accommodate my RV no problem.
When we drove up to the campground, we were greeted by a very narrow entry, not a big issue. When we pulled in, we cleared the cement gate posts no problem, however the landing gear caught on the roadway, gouging the pavement, and damaging the gear. GREAT! Oh, and when I entered the office...they advised me they had watched us as we were struggling with planks, to lift the height of the trailer to avoid further damage...the least you could have done was come out and asked if you could help.
We made it in, then was guided up a narrow hill, through a lovely wooded park...large limbs hanging low (13'9" trailer height). Marked the top of the trailer, AWESOME! The campsite owner assisted to guide us through a small ditch, to back us up into our spot.
I did enjoy the other campers, they were great and friendly. The campground is very quiet, and lovely to view, so not bad on this point. I have no issue with the separating of the garbage...
When we were leaving, the exit has the same sort of cement pole setup as the entry, about 12ft wide. Not sufficient to clear a large vehicle...we managed to catch the end of our RV on one of the poles, WICKED!
So please be warned...if you have a large RV, and want to keep it nice...please DONT BELIEVE it when the say they can accommodate...they ABSOULUTELY CANNOT...my bad that I did not notice the prior gouge marks in the pavement outside the gate before trying to pull in...their bad for saying, "sure, we can handle that"...very expensive repairs for us...glad they got their 88$ tho...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LCOVE42

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prince Albert, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Ridiculous when it comes to rules! We arrived to the campground with a 5th wheel and the manager stops our truck and said very rude you need to park in the waiting area, when we drove in there was no notification on this and this place is a very small area where it is very hard to turn around!! I went in to check in and she told my mother and I to be quite and wait our turn to hear the "rules". I couldn’t believe it!! A young girl working in the office went off on the rules. She informs me when i check in that i need to pay a $100.00 deposit that only is returned after my lot is checked fully (that was not told when i booked), there are rules stapled to the picnic tables and posted everywhere. the campground itself is clean bathrooms are dirty and old, but its not worth the headache and worry about not getting your deposit back when you leave. when leaving i had to wait as they went to "investigate with walkie talkies" to my lot to receive back my $100.00 deposit. Very poor customer service and When the rules states be sleeping by 1:00am the campground means it or you will lose your deposit too, definitely not going back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holy_rugged
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

this campground is ridiculous when it comes to rules! I guess i should have seen the red flags when i had called to book a site. When i called the first thing the lady said was did you visit our website and read the "rules?" camping for 30 yrs rules of most campgrounds are all very basic and common sense. She continued to go over the rules almost to the point of interrogation. when i had arrived once again the young girl working in the office went off on the rules again.... She informs me that because this is my first time staying there i need to pay a $50 deposit that only is returned after my lot is checked. there are rules stapled to the picnic tables, washroom walls, signs on the lawn....rules everywhere. the campground itself is clean and has nice lots but its not worth the hassle of the owner/employees. when leaving i had to wait as they went to "investigate" my lot to receive back my $50 deposit. At no point was there a thank you, very poor customer relations, definitely not going back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KMAC865
Charlottetown, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really don't want to bash this campground but I feel that campers should be forewarned. I think one of the other reviewers said it well when they said that the rules are strongly emphasized and unbending. The only other thing I would say is that after our experience I strongly suggested to the owner that if she does not like having kids around, make it an adult only park. It would be a lovely, quaint get away for anyone without kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike C
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just finished camping at Cymbria Campground and had an amazing experience. The place is so beautiful, pristine and clean. We are a mature, quiet couple with a little dog and we were welcomed by the most amazingly wonderful and helpful staff. I was so impressed when the owner remembered my name the next day. All the facilities were kept so clean and the sites themselves are pristine and all grassy. I walked in barefoot all around the place and I don't usually do that. The pool is wonderful, so clean and perfect temperature. The firepits are big. Love it love it love it. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Staff will help you choose a site specific for your desires. Shady, sunny, quiet, close to playgrou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JonesHold
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

WE spend a week at this beautiful campground in August. We were traveling with another family and both of us were very happy with the campground. The first sites we were put on had a problem and we were moved with no hassle. The staff is always around cleaning and looking after the place. We were a little intimadated by all the rules at first but if you just use common sence and respect the campground and your fellow campers you will be fine.

Bathrooms were okay, they were clean but it would have been nice to have an electric plug closer to the mirror. Always lots of hot water. The pool was always nice and warm and the mini golf was fun for the kids. Across the street is a bay excellent for oysters and clams.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank abbyndrewmom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

If you want a peaceful, quiet , clean place to camp, this is it. We are older females and really enjoyed our visit. The location is a short drive to many attractions without being in the middle of the bustle of Cavindish. Pool is a great place to lounge on a really hot day. Quiet time is appreciated.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank Kathyrk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustico
Shaw's Hotel and Cottages
Dalvay by the Sea Hotel
Barachois Inn
Barachois Inn
#2 of 3 in Rustico

Been to Cymbria Tent & Trailer Park? Share your experiences!