All reviews country ham romance room each morning confederation trail other guests perfect hosts laundry facilities a great place to stay beautiful property glen joan pond island pei lake paddle trees
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Glenn and Joan state that you arrive as guests and leave as family and my son and I certainly felt that way. Even though we arrived in a heavy rain fall we were greeted with such warmth, including bringing in a DVD player because our television satellite wasn't working before we even got into the room. The next three days and evenings were full of wonderful PEI memories thanks to their recommendations based on our interests. Unfortunately we spent so much time away we didn't get to enjoy the boats they had onsite. We did get to enjoy the incredible breakfasts, especially the fruit cups and french toast with berries and nuts; their hospitality and helpfulness; their hiking trails; Glenn's incredible birding pictures; and their stories and warmth. I also was highly impressed with their "Green" cleaning and consciousness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Where to start? Joan and Glenn are remarkable hosts. They made us feel at home. The rooms were great. They have a lake and boats but it was just too darn hot to take advantage of. Joan's sister lives next door and we chatted with them after dinner. A fun time for all. Glenn is extremely knowledgeable of PEI and he recommended many sites to see.
Breakfast was a feast. All home cooked to order. Great muffins (Joan) and eggs/bacon or apple french toast (Sat breakfast).
They have free wifi and also a free phone (Vonage) so we were able to call our kids in the states!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renee B
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in this simple but nice B&B. The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was very nicely done and our hosts, a lovely couple gave us a preview of the menu in the evening. We did not use any of the extra facilities available such as jacuzzi, canoes, etc. The place is a bit away from civilization and gives a nice break in a calm countryside environment. We noticed bikers tend to really like this place. A tamed fox would come every morning to have some food. Very pleasant place, thanks to our hosts.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Myrna Q
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were blessed to be able to spend 5 nights with Glenn and Joan in their home. As the sign said we truly arrived as guests and left as family...we sure felt welcome. Their home is a great place to get away and enjoy the company of the people that travel through the region. We loved the gatherings in the gazebo in the evenings to be able to get to know other people from near and far and enjoy the stories told by all.
Glenn is very helpful at suggestions on things to see and do to enjoy the East end of the beautiful province.
We did not get a chance to enjoy the trails or the boats as time did not allow, but I am sure they would be fun to do.
The food was very good, and the choices at times were hard to decide, and plenty of it..
I enjoyed my coffee on the deck in the morning when I was up before the other guests came down for breakfast.
The rooms are very comfortable and we truly did feel at home.
Thanks Glenn and Joan
Bev and David Townsend Kingston, Ontario

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My stay at Country Charm with Glenn and Joan was absolutely wonderful. The setting is beautiful and peaceful and I will definitely be returning. They were extremely helpful in suggesting places around the island to visit complete with a map and instructions and special places of interest to take in. Breakfast....large and delicious!! The rooms are large, nicely decorated, and the whole place is immaculate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo