The Cavendish Gateway Resort did not impress us. After visiting many hotels throughout the Maritimes, it was not the greatest. But, the family package (in value season) gave us a rate that was cheap for Cavendish. We also got free breakfast, a picnic lunch (good for the beach), ice cream, and our choice of two attractions. We picked Avonlea and Rainbow Valley, and had a relatively good time.
The hotel is really more of a motel, all on one story except for the pool/dining area, where some rooms are on floors.
If you have ever been to a Comfort Inn/Quality Inn/Clarion property etc. you pretty much have an idea of this hotel. It's alright, but nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in the fresh Island air. Relax in the summer sun. Enjoy the beauty of the Island's rolling hills. At Cavendish Gateway Resort in Cavendish, Prince Edward Island, we offer competitive rates, excellent service, comfortable rooms and a 3.5-star Canada Select rating. The world-famous Anne of Green Gables Heritage Place and other Anne attractions are just minutes from our countryside property, as are Cavendish Beach, world-class golf courses, and Lobster Suppers - a PEI tradition. Onsite, you'll find our sheltered barbecue area, tennis court, playground, indoor pool and games room with pool table and gym equipment. Everything you need for your PEI vacation. Join us at Cavendish Gateway Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Cavendish Gateway Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Cavendish Gateway Hotel Mayfield
- Clarion Collection Mayfield
- Clarion Mayfield
- Mayfield Clarion
- Cavendish Gateway Resort Mayfield, Prince Edward Island, Canada