“Poor Horses”

Lakeside Circle T Trail Rides
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Lakeside
More attraction details
Owner description: One-hour ride on beautiful Lakeside Beach. Open May 20-Oct 12, 9 am-6 pm. Off-season by appointment only. $15/ride.
Reviewed December 5, 2011

As a horse owner and having worked at trail rides around the world, I am really disappointed with this place. The horses are in very poor condition and the tack is ill-fitting. Sure the scenery is beautiful, but the animals sure are not! People that recommended this place, must not have looked at the health and condition of the poor ponies they were riding! Next time I am on PEI I will look for another place to go for a trail ride!

9  Thank Jen S

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have always dreamed to ride on the beach and my dream was finally realized. This ride for adults only was at 10am and took you through forests, dunes and down to the beach. Went through a lot of mud and the horses were fine. I was really shocked when we went through what seems like a pond or small river up to the horses stomachs almost.

No kids on this and this makes total sense. The guides were great and the horses well taken care of and clean place. Andrew who runs the place is as they say.... quiet, reserved, not a real people person but knows his horses no doubt. His mannerism on the phone may be offputting as he says very little and you have to drag information from him but he'll answer your questions you just have to know what to ask and don't expect any elaboration. Its worth it. $30 for 1.5 hrs for this trail.

It was a hightlight of our 2 weeks in Novia Scotia and Lunenburg. HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

My three children (aged 11, 10, 8) and i went on a trail ride yesterday afternoon at Circle T Trail Rides and what a spectacular time we had. Andrew is such a wonderful, patient person; one of my daughters was pretty nervous about riding a horse by herself, this being her first time, and became pretty upset when it was time to head out on the trail, i tried to convience her she was fine and that she would enjoy herself, but she had her mind made up until Andrew went over to her, and explained everything to her and reassured her she could do it and if she felt she couldn't he would be right beside her and if need be attach her horse to his and guide the horse for her, this was exactly what she needed to hear and off we went. The trails through the woods and along the water were beautiful and Andrew's knowledge and love for the area made the trip so special. My daughter got along great and when we got back she and my other two children were just hopping with excitment asking when we could come back again? This was such a great experience and i am so happy that my children and i did this together, there was definitly memories made to last a lifetime, thanks to Andrew.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We went to Circle T trailrides for a staff get together. It was amazing!! A trailride like no other. We had some riders that had never been on a horse - and others who were experienced riders - and all had a great time! We went on the beach trailride and it was close to 2 hours!! The scenery is breathtaking and the horses are very well behaved. The guides were fabulous as well! A MUST if you are visiting Eastern PEI!!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I used to go to the trail rides when Sheldon,Andrew's Grandfather ran the [lace.This year my husbnd and I went back as as per usualwe had a great time.Andrew was very attentive to his horses, and to us, his clients.He knows a lot about the land and the history which I found interesting.He let me take pictures and videos and even did a bucking trick for me to video. Because he was so nice to us I have done awood burning of him sitting on his horse and in Sept I plan on hand delivering it and spending the weekend in PEI and taking a friend on one of his long rides..Any thing derogatory said about this man ,, well you just dont know the life of a TRUE COWBOY! Andrew lives off the land and is basic, his life revolves around his companions,his horses.I personally have nothing but good things to say about him, and his staff, Keep up the GREAT work Andrew, and may God Bless you with prosperitory and health for many years to come.Lookinf forward to our Sept Ride. YEEEE HAW