Rodd Brudenell River Resort(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
$139
$213
$144
$137
$175
All reviewsrodd crowbushthe cottagesbedroom cottagebeach resorton sitemusselsprince edward islanddining roompro shopstaff membergreat spotbeautiful locationindoor pooldavid's restaurantparking lotnorth shorefull kitchen
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I must say I was very impressed with the atmosphere and level of service.... its right up there with other gems of our continent! It had golf, the ocean and great food.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My family recently stayed at the rodd crowbush golf and beach resort in one of the beautiful cottages. Prefect place for a family vacation. Cottages are very spacious, up to date and have all the nessicities you need at home. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained but best of all was the amazing beach...most beautiful! With golf cart shuttle service over the resort it was very easy to get from beach to cottage.

Resturants were excellent...great food and always great service with a smile. I have to recomend the lobster wrap at the golf club house...outstanding!

I also got to get away from the children for an afternoon at the spa for a pedicure. Very relaxing and soothing environment. Beautiful view from the spa of the rolling greens of the golf course.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank cindy20102010
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed at the Rodd Crowbush resort in June 2010. Although I do not golf, we decided to try Crowbush for it's location (quiet area on the beach) and it's rating (Canada Select 5 star) - the hotel was offering a 50% discount on all rooms during the time we were there, so the normally prohibitive room rate of $280 was much more digestible at $140.

The property is new, bright and very clean. Although comfortable, I do not feel it is a true 5 star property, compared with other 5 stars. For example, the room, although clean and new, resembled a nice Comfort Inn/Holiday Inn variety of hotel - old style (27 inch) tube TV, flowered bedspread (no duvet, no extra throw pillows), and the bathroom had, what looked to be, cheaper ceramic tiles (not marble), man-made material for the countertop (not granite), and just seemed lacking in amenities - yes, there was shampoo, conditioner and body wash, but nothing 'extra' - no mouthwash, no sewing kit. The bath/shower combo didn't even have a curved curtain, making the shower seem bigger. There were no real problems, but also nothing really special.

Upon entering the room, we were greeted by a tile, drop ceiling. The entry light (as did the bathroom and desk light) had the new fluorescent bulbs, which cast a very industrial/commercial/cold glow to the room. The room didn't feel at all welcoming or warm. Again, the bed was comfortable, and the room was very clean, just not luxurious.

I cannot comment on the food, as we went into Charlottetown for the evening (about a 30 min drive) and when we returned, the bar had already closed for the evening (closed at 10pm).

The rooms in the hotel overlook either the golf course, or the parking lot. I recommend paying the extra for the golf course view, as this will also get you either a balcony (the real kind with furniture), or at minimum the 'julliet' style - patio door, opening, but just a railing - no deck. The rooms overlooking the parking lot just have normal windows.

The hotel is not directly on the beach, although it is a beachfront property. You cannot see the beach from the hotel rooms. The beach is located beyond the golf course, about a 10 min walk, along a paved trail. The trail is not lit after dark, and there are no outside lights along the way, so if you plan on going to the beach after dark, a flashlight would come in handy. Beware of the automatic sprinklers which pop up around the course, often spraying the walkways (it can scare you at night in the dark, when you suddenly start getting wet!)

The housekeeping staff was very friendly, and always spoke when they passed us in the hall. The front office staff, however, left something to be desired of. The bellman/doorman didn't speak when we entered - although there were only 8 cars in the parking lot, and bellman couldn't even be bothered to muster a 'welcome', and never offered to help with luggage. Upon our departure, we asked for info regarding the ferry to NS. The bellman didn't know, but went out back and found a schedule, which he photocopied for us. When asked how much it cost, he didn't know, and made no attempt to find out. Nor, did he offer to call on our behalf. Not really what I'd call rude, but also a far cry from 5 star service. When we checked in, we asked for an upgrade, given that there were only a few cars in the parking lot. "It'll cost 'ya" was the (exact) response from the front desk, which I found to be rather curt. If it isn't the hotels policy to upgrade customers during slow times, they could have at least come up with a more professional schpeel or explanation, or at the very least, advise what the cost of an upgrade would have been, and what amenities it would offer.

All in all, this is a nice property, and not being a golfer, I really can't comment on the golf which I believe to be the 'main event' of the hotel. I would return to the hotel, if the rate were good, as it was comfortable and clean. The hotel offers quality product, if perhaps overrated.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank fromNS
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband & I stayed in one of the cottages with our 6 mth. old daughter for our anniversary weekend. It was amazing, to say the least...from the accomodations & spectacular views, to the friendly staff, to the incredible beach....which was not busy because most people come here to golf (my husband & I aren't golfers, but the golf course is gorgeous/ known to be world-class) Then, after an afternoon at the beach, a wonderful dinner in the dining room. And no need to worry about getting around, there is a shuttle service, with staff members at your beckon call anytime of day, that come to pick you up in big golf carts, to take you to dinner, clubhouse, beach, or for a tour of the golf course/resort--or wherever you wish.
Truly a hidden gem, & not that far out of Charlottetown--a scenic 25 minute drive. Worth every penny, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hdmac
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We went with our 2-young children and elderly parents and stayed two of the resorts one and two bedroom cottages.
The two bedroom was very spacious yet quaint, and cottage like. The staff were very inclined to please and cleaning staff friendly. The beach was a bit of a surprise as it was rather underdeveloped. Its raw beauty was exceptional, but not designed for handicapped people like my father needing some kind of ramp to access the beach. There were also tonnes of jellyfish so our children could not swim.
We were in all, very pleased with our stay. The golf course is very challenging, please ask for a yardage book as it will help you and save you balls and get a helpful view of the difficult layout. The spa was wonderful, the estheticians exceptionally nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family