“The name says it all!!! and, a class act!”

Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Cornwall
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on, chef-driven culinary adventure company taking people out on the land and ocean to experience the island's food bounty with our farmers and fishermen. We hand harvest with them, cook together and eat together! Also offering limited deep-sea fishing adventures for Bluefin Tuna and Shark.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The name says it all!!! and, a class act!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter and I had "our culinary adventure" with Chef Ross and Terry, his partner celebrating my birthday!! From drinking champagne while shucking oysters to licking the bowl of fresh chocolate mousse with strawberries it was the greatest "grazing" day I've ever had!

Chef Ross is serious, knowledgeable, and passionate about food! He kept us entertained all day, as we say in the South "bless his heart" he put up with the two women who kept on talking all day long.

It was our first trip to PEI but, will not be our last. We will return next year and definately have another "adventure" with Chef Ross. I hope we get to see Leo on the oyster boat again too what a nice man!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank reginastocks
Ross M, Owner at Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Regina it was our pleasure having you and your daughter with us for a full day culinary adventure. We too had a ton of fun and it was such a delight to be able to come back to your cottage and cook for you both at dinner time. Johnny and Leo still mention what a great day they had with you both at Colville Bay Oyster Co. Have a great winter down south and we look forward to seeing you both soon. Please pass on our best to the new Bride and Groom!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our day our with Chef Ross was a surprise birthday present for my husband, and I asked that he also keep the itinerary secret from me, this was such a fun thing to anticipate.

Chef Ross picked us up in his very comfortable Suburban, and provided a breakfast of the freshest smoked salmon bagel combination and this wonderful maple syrup chai drink. We were off for a morning on the water and off, exploring lobster and oyster fishing areas. I didn't think I'd like oysters very much, but there is definitely something to standing on a small boat off PEI with a Chef who's shucking them right out of the water for you to try. Very tasty little suckers.
We also went out to meet the bees of the island and foraged with a gentleman who appeared a couple of weeks later in my Globe and Mail, we were ahead of the trend :)

Our favourite moments were sitting down to eat the food that Chef Ross magically prepared out of the back of that Suburban. Sitting in front of a barn eating a seafood chowder that was the best we'd ever had, after touring the farm where ingredients were just picked, is what the day was all about. Ending the day with a five course meal, prepared with the ingredients we'd gathered through the day - yum.

Overall, Chef Ross is entertaining, funny, serious about food, and a really talented cook. I would totally spend another day or two with him and his crew. My husband and I try to head to PEI every summer, and Chef Ross introduced us to parts of the island that we had never explored before.

Visited June 2013
Ross M, Owner at Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

It was a great day filled with a ton of fun! We enjoyed having you settle in for a day filled with all that PEI has to offer for food. We hope to have you join us again sometime and hopefully in that most majestic setting in the woods would be fantastic. Again our thanks for adventuring with us.

Cheers,

Ross
GRENFELL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The perfect adventure for vacation.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When deciding to travel through PEI and experience true Island cuisine, we were so excited to find Chef Ross with PEI Culinary Adventures. Even though the weather played a factor in our plans, Ross made sure our day started with delectable smoked salmon bagels and hot coffee; getting us safely on the boat for some lobster fishing; deliciously warm aromatic Chi milk to sip on the way to the local farm where our fresh produce was grown. The watching Ross create a meal that was worth waiting for - even though the rain and wind almost didn't allow this day to happen. Our day ended with the perfect PEI experience of a seafood cuisine. This is a 'must do' when in PEI.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sonja C
Ross M, Owner at Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Sonja and Bob,

It was so great having you both out with us. We enjoyed your enthusiasm to try new foods "island style". Your appetite for lobster, shellfish and all that we had growing from our farmers that day was fantastic. We had a blast hosting you both and certainly look forward to seeing you here on the green isle in the near future. Thanks again for adventuring with us. It was greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,