“Dusty & "soapy"!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cornwall
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
“Dusty & "soapy"!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Overall this hotel is average and has nothing notable in the rooms. Very plain but comfortable. Kitchenette facilities are offered but nary a utensil, dish, etc was in sight. I have stayed here before but again it was because of a conference that was taking place there. I guess my vision is being clouded by the fact that when I went to take a shower, there in the soap dish, was the cake of used by the previous guest. I did not report it as to be honest, I dealt with it and forgot to tell them about it. I also found tons of dust on all the heat registers. In other words, not enough care is taken in making sure the room is perfectly clean. My critical eye is in part due to the fact that I once owned a small motel and was very conscience of 100% cleanliness in all rooms. I would likely stay there again if I had to attend another conference. Perhaps not if it was a pleasure trip. Oh yes, I almost forgot....there was no clock in the room. Even small budget motels offer a clock radio in their rooms! Good thing I had my watch on!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Antoinette G, Manager at Dutch Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Jeanette: Thank you very much for your comments. It is through comments such as yours that we can deal with an issue and it keeps us on our toes. I have passed this on to my head housekeeper and she is checking into the issue. We strive to be a very clean hotel and have a reputation as such. Thank you again for your comments, and never hesitate to let the front desk know if you have an issue with anything its the only way for us to fix something and improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Prince Edward Island Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great place to stay---Held my clogging workshop here twice and it is so suited to our needs--Everything in one place!!!! All good vibes from all cloggers that attended workshop off island and on island.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Lunenburg, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The property is 10 minutes out of Charlottetown on the Trans Canada Highway.Rooms are basic, clean, quiet and on two levels. Ours had a flat screen TV with a basic channel package. The bathroom was tiny but clean.
Breakfast was simple and did not offer any hot selections.
Front desk service was excellent.

I would recommend that management turn down the hot water thermostat as the bathroom water was dangerously hot, eg above recommended guidelines. They would save significantly on their operating bill if they follow this recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
#18 of 23 in Charlottetown
Rodd Charlottetown
Rodd Charlottetown
#8 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to Dutch Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dutch Inn Hotel

Property: Dutch Inn Hotel
Address: 100 Trans Canada Hwy, Cornwall, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C0A 1H0, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson Charlottetown)
Location: Canada > Prince Edward Island > Charlottetown > Cornwall
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cornwall
Hotel Class:3 star — Dutch Inn Hotel 3*
We are located in the quiet town of Cornwall, just 10 minutes from downtown Charlottetown and centrally located to the island's beautiful attractions. You are just 40 minutes drive to Anne's Land and 25 minutes to Victoria by the Sea, a beautiful fishing village. A lovely 2 hour drive to east and west end of island. We are family friendly with a large indoor pool/sauna, continental breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dutch Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Charlottetown