“Great Food”

Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Cavendish
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily Ocean View Deck Specializing in Island Seafood, Steaks & Poultry Great Home Cooking & Baking Full Children's Menu Sunday Special - Best Roast Turkey Dinner on PEI Gluten Free Options Available
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This restaurant is very busy but did not have to wait very long. Staff are very friendly and prompt. I had the scallops on one visit....they were amazing!! It was so good I returned for the fish and chips....they were also excellent! Atmosphere was great!

Management487, Manager at Chez Yvonne's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing our restaurant and posting your kind review. We have many visitors return for more than one meal and with our varied menu, there are lots of options to try . Thanks.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

A large and noisy family restaurant with complete menu. Service was friently and prompt and the meal was average.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Got the clam platter. First they got it mixed up and brought the clam chowder.. Sent it back and waited again. The clams were advertised as "WHOLE" usually meaning nice big clams. This was NOT THE CASE. They were small and rubbery. Maybe 5 or 6 sad little deep fried pieces. Fries undercooked. Overcooked bland veggies. For $20 it was a ripoff. Complained to the server and was assured they could make another meal for me. Waited again. Same result maybe slightly better. Very disappointing. Think these were the worst clams I've ever had.

2  Thank wonkle
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We went to Chez Yvonne's on our first night in Cavendish because it was close to where we were staying. Great spot. The food and service were wonderful and we had a table on the deck - so we could enjoy the summer weather.

Thank you for dining with us and posting your review. We've had some great deck weather this summer and it is such a nice place to sit and enjoy a meal.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Only had one choice of vegetable with whatever dinner was ordered. I ordered the hot turkey sandwich which came with mashed potatoes, slaw and the vegetable of the day. This particular day the vegetable was a carrot/turnip combo with brown sugar in it. I can't have sugar due to health reasons. Slaw normally has sugar as well so I couldn't have that either. The waitress didn't try to substitute the vegetable or slaw with anything else. One of the people I was with ate the vegetable & slaw which left me with turkey and potatoes. The potatoes were dry & stiff so I didn't eat them either. That left me with the turkey sandwich. The bill was $14 something plus tax & tip. I wish the waitress would have let me substitute a lettuce salad for the slaw & vegetable. My friends didn't like their meals either. When we left, we went somewhere else to eat. I might add that at the end of the meal, when the waitress became aware of my displeasure, she offered me free dessert - really ! more sugar that I can't eat. My friends split the free skinny piece of cheesecake. Overall this restaurant had a cheap hospital food taste.