“Loud, greasy spoon restaurant ”
Review of Chez Yvonne's

Chez Yvonne's
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Cavendish
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily Ocean View Deck Specializing in Island Seafood, Steaks & Poultry Great Home Cooking & Baking Full Children's Menu Sunday Special - Best Roast Turkey Dinner on PEI Gluten Free Options Available
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here as we were visiting the area in the off season and everything else was shut down for the season. The place was loud, decor was bland, and the food was pretty basic. I ordered the soup and it was over salted. Not a memorable meal

1  Thank Valerie R

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We had gone to this restaurant recommended by another couple staying at the motel we were in. It is a very busy location with people lined up out the door for food. On entering we sat near the windows and the tables/chairs are very close together so you have people right up against your backs. It was around $50 for our breakfast for 2 adults and a 5-year-old and for what we ordered anywhere else would have been around $25 and there was not much at all on the plates. There is nothing at all in the restaurant to absorb sound so with all the people inside it was so loud that I could hardly wait to finish and leave. Normally this sort of thing does not bother me but it was so loud I could not understand what my wife was saying to me right across the small table... It also took about 10 minutes to pay the bill as your exact waitress has to ring you up and she was busy serving other tables and making small talk with customers.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Our server was very friendly and provided good service. The food was overpriced but that's pretty typical everywhere in PEI.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We were on PEI for a golf vacation (it has 25 courses:). It was after Labor Day so many restaurants were already closed for the season. So we end up eating at Chez Yvonne's 5 times, each visit a pleasure.

I had two delicious breakfasts including a lobster eggs Benedict with a light hollandaise and blueberry pancakes both of which were very good. You can opt for homemade bread of which the raisin is a wise choice.

For different dinners, I had haddock (average), fish and chips (quite good) and coquille St. Jacques which was excellent. This family run restaurant is dependable, with nice staff and very satisfying food.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We arrived on PEI right at nightfall, expecting to take a leisurely drive to our lodging and find supper along the way. Imagine our surprise that things were already closing up for the season . . . and finding dinner on a weeknight was going to be a challenge.

We found Chez Yvonne's through our Garmin. When we called to see when they closed, we were told 8:30p. Not familiar with the area, we told them we had just crossed over the Confederation Bridge and asked if we had time to get there before they close.

The gal on the phone asked someone else who could be heard saying "How the F*** do I know?" We were inclined to punt and find something else . . . until we realized there was nowhere else and we had better get moving if we were going to get there before they closed. (They had also informed us that if it was slow, they may close "a little early.")

We arrived right at 8pm . . . and the place was actually quite busy. After we were seated we counted another 3 or 4 groups . . . so no early closing on that night!

Our meals were pretty basic as others have reported. I had the hot turkey open face sandwich and my hubby had the reuben. I had never been served cranberry sauce in a little "jelly like" container . . . just a little weird.

We did opt for dessert . . . fresh PEI strawberry shortcake and a cheesecake with strawberries . . . perhaps the best part of the meal.