“Very Disappointing”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
New Brunswick, Canada
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was very disappointed in this restaurant. The food was absolutely disgusting. The fries looked and tasted as if the grease hadn`t been changed in weeks, their chowder tasted as if the milk was spoiled and they wanted an outrageous amount for their meals for the tiny portions we received.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank mjpalmer08

Advocate Harbour
“Just okay”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Some friends and I were staying in Cavendish for the weekend and one day we wanted to go out for lunch and seen the Sand Box, it looks very nice from the outside so we decided to go in. It was very spacious and bright inside and a great atmosphere to have lunch in. They were opened for about a half an hour but there were hardly any staff, we actually stood around for a couple minutes before someone noticed us. Once we were seated and got our menus there was ALOT to choose from but nothing really stood out to me, so I ordered something I consider to be very "safe" ... chicken fingers and fries. We waited quite a while to get our orders and we noticed that people who had come in after us had actually got there meals before us which I didn't really like. And once I did get my meal I wasn't overly impressed, it's the same as any other run of the mill pub, overcooked chicken fingers with frozen (compared to handcut) french fries. I would probably go back but more for the atmosphere than anything else.

• Visited July 2011
Surrey, Canada
“The poutine is great.”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We read reviews about this restaurant before arriving and were a little hesitant about eating here. So, when we saw the establishment we decided to try a "no brainer" menu item...poutine. It was great. We wanted to find a PEI potato poutine, and here is where we found it! I think the trick is to order food more typical of a place like this (burger, fries, etc.) instead of food that's not exactly their specialty (steak, pasta, etc.). The servers have a vibe of 'I'm too sexy to serve you' which seemed odd considering the tourist business in PEI suffered this year which means so did the local establishments. Perhaps they need to be reminded that good customer service = the ability to stay open.

Onaping, Canada
“Great with young kids”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The food was good, nothing to brag about but good, the service was good and the prices were average. However we really enjoyed the sandbox for the kids to play in. The kids played until there food came so my Husband and myself were able to relax and have a full conversation without any distributions, so worth it.

Cambridge, Canada
“OK meal if your in a rush, and there are no other options.”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stopped here on our way back to our campsite, and it was late (9:30 pm). We all had burgers and fries. The burgers were ok - the fries were awful. The service was average. I would not go again, unless it was late and we were in a rush.