“Given what else in in town - this is a definite pass.”
Review of Sand Box Pub and Eatery - CLOSED

Sand Box Pub and Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Um, yuck. Bad concept. Meant to be kid friendly with a sandbox, but just kind of dirty.

It smells bad. The smell of bathroom pervaded our table.

We can't really comment on food, since after a few minutes, we left.

Really, with Sam's and Carr's withion a short drive, take a short drive.

3  Thank voegelin

Reviewed August 30, 2011

My fiancé and I stopped here for lunch and to tally up the score after our 1st annual mini put tournament (I won). We stopped here because it was close. We ordered two plates that ended up being MASSIVE. Although there was an over-abundance of deep fried items in the seafood platter, the breaded fish has to be the best I have had this side of Shropshire, England. If you want to take a break from healthy food, stop here and get the fish & chips or the seafood platter. I think they could improve by not breading and deep frying everything - especially the scallops and shrimp. It would have been nice to have home made tartar sauce instead of the prepackaged kind. The meal was more expensive than it should have been

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Really low quality pub food. I felt sick after my meal. And there's actually sand on the floor from a sandbox in the corner of the restaurant. Cute idea, but we had sand on our feet all day.

3  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you are travelling without children, sit outside away from the indoor sandbox! It wasn't the greatest meal I've ever had, but it was adequate. The service was good and the food came quickly, which was nice.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I ate there with my family for lunch several days ago and came in at what looked like close to opening time. I ordered pan fried scallops, my wife ordered a burger, and my kids had grilled cheese and chicken finger kids meals. For the price of the scallops ($15+) I was expecting more than just a few plain tasting scallops seasoned with pepper laid out on lettuce. My wife enjoyed her burger but again for $10+ it was not all that spectacular. One of my kids liked his grilled cheese but my other kid's chicken fingers were burnt and he said they were upsetting his stomach. The fries were ok but really the only redeeming factor in the meal. Aside from that, the place had a lot of flies which was a little unsettling.

They had a curious feature for the kids there which was an indoor sandbox. Nice idea but I sure wasn't keen on the kids getting all covered in sand before their meal.

Overall it didn't live up to what we read in the guidebooks and I would recommend skipping it. You'll be disappointed.