“Clean and a good location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cavendish
Anne Shirley Motel & Cottages
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cavendish
“Clean and a good location”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We found the room a bit small.The room was clean, and the lady on the desk friendly and helpful.The location was close to everything we came to see in Cavendish.

• Stayed July 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Superficially, the motel room was OK. However, the bed was unbelievably soft, the airconditioning ridiculously noisy and there were cockroaches in the bathroom come morning. The provision of a reclining rocking-chair was asinine. TV poor (receiver and reception).
Expensive for what it was, but close to Green Gables.

There are restaurants nearby - the one we tried was terrible.

Room Tip: Do't stay in Cavendish.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dr_Bob1
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We booked this room in advance thinking it would be nice to spend a night
in Cavendish before we had a family event the next morning in Charlottetown.
The lady and man at the front desk were very friendly. Inside the room it was
your basic motel room, had a tv and a bed and a mini fridge which was really great.
We went in the off season when the rates are a little cheaper then the high season.
But then again no matter where you go in PEI in the summer the rates are always
a little more expensive. WIFI was great I could use my Itouch and check my emails.
The pool looked wonderful but we did not have enough
engery to check it out by the time we got back. We went and drove along the
Coast and saw the Ocean it was awesome. This is close to restraunts and the board
walk in Cavendsih. I usualy stay at hotels that cost alot more then what I paided,
but Ive stayed at alot of Motels too and I would have to say this is the best
Motel ive stayed at and Ive been to alot :) Hope we can come back next summer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank trev71
Nanaimo
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Made my reservations online through what I thought was the ASM&C's website. Got an email confirming our reservation but wanted to follow up with a phone call since we just plastered $400 on our M/C. Called and spoke the the "Manager" George who nearly cursed me out for making online reservations and NOT calling them directly??! Hello, it is 2011 and the BIG BUTTON that said BOOK NOW just looked so inviting that I thought, "hey, why not, this is easy !" WRONG! The booking was easy the follow up was a disaster and I was immediately made to feel defensive, stupid, foolish for booking online. GEORGE had to stop what they were doing and check their online booking agent only to tell me that my reservation was not showing but would probably show up tomorrow. You know what, if GEORGE had politely said that this was the case and asked me to call back tomorrow I would have. As it stands, once our reservation shows up on their system I will call back and cancel. Totally disappointed in their lack of customer service skills. Coming from BC we are looking forward to the hospitality of the East Coast/Maritimes and GEORGE has made us a bit nervous.....he sounds like he needs to retire.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank cscmom
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We chose this motel as they offered wireless internet and free breakfast. Our stay was not reserved in advance as we were not sure what our plans were and where the road would take us.
It was not a busy weekend in Cavendish with it being the last weekend before school starts for most and with hurricane EARL scheduled to make an appearance.
We were offered a room with two queen beds for the off season rate which was fantastic.
The room was very nice and clean, air condition worked fine once we found the switch to turn it on. LOL
Wireless worked fine in the evening but was a little cranky in the morning, sat outside and it worked o.k then.
Breakfast was o.k we were able to fill up before we headed out, it's not a full course meal but coffee is good and hot and the necessities are there.
Didn't use the pool as it was a little cool by the time we got back from dinner and the hot tub was full.
Yes, we would stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank margarita63
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Anne Shirley in July for one night. We don't have young children, but it looked ideal for families. We arrived after dinner and there were a lot of families enjoying the pool and having a good time. The room was a clean, basic room, with 2 queen beds, table and chairs, tv. It was peaceful at night and we had a good sleep.
I'd recommend this place for families with children.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed for 7 nights in July 2010 in a room with a kitchenette. Overall, the experience was pretty good with the only real complaint being that the beds are the worst I have ever slept in (and I'm a frequent traveller). It's like they are from the 1950s! My wife found the room to be less than clean and it was a bit musty. However, we fixed that with some air fresheners.

That's the bad. However, the good overrides the bad which is:

FANTASTIC location - close to everything, good coffee shop next door
Great pool which my daughter loved
Nice to have the BBQs to cook our own grub
Helpful staff
Passes to the park are very handy for getting to Cavendish beach

I think that some of the other rooms may be different which is why I still rate this as somewhere we'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavendish
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
Silverwood Motel
Silverwood Motel
#3 of 8 in Cavendish
North Rustico Motel Cottages & Inn

Been to Anne Shirley Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!