Anne's Windy Poplars
  • Pool
Silverwood Motel(Cavendish)
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)
View Hotel
All reviewsgames roomhot tubthe cottagesrelaxing getawaybig hit with the kidsbedroom cottagenext yearstayed daysfree beach passunlimited accessa nice additioncomfortable accommodationslarge roomlast summertowels were replacedquiet at nightwonderful hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Booked 2 cottages for a party of 12, facilities were great. Staff was excellent, the owners provided great information and put together a golf package for us which we had not previously requested. Excellent time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed in a two bedroom cottage with the hubby, mom-in-law and grandma for a 5 day trip to PEI. We were all very comfortable here, and I was very grateful for the reliable internet! The cottage had everything we needed to be comfortable and the kitchen met all of our needs. While the decor is dated and the wood in the bathroom near the shower needed some attention, these are aesthetic issues that did not effect our comfort. We also appreciated the peace and quiet - especially since it was rather warm and humid during our stay so it was nice to crack the windows. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but effective. The ground were well kept and quite pretty, the pool was nice and clean (albeit a bit small) and the hottub was great. I would be happy staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I and another couple were looking for a cottage in Cavendish for the weekend of the Cavendish Beach Music Festival 2011 and I searched the PEI Tourism site and I noticed Anne's Windy Poplars had a vacancy for that weekend. So instead of booking online I felt more comfortable calling to book, since this was a very busy weekend for local business' I wanted to speak with someone to make sure we would have this cottage for sure! Unfortunately when I called the woman who answered said they didn't have anything available, I didn't dwell on it though, I needed to find another place and fast! But when I couldn't find anything else I decided to go back to their site and it said there was still a cottage vacant so I figured what do I have to lose and I booked it, within minutes I had a confimation number sent to my e-mail saying it was mine for that weekend ... odd ... I don't understand why it wasn't available when I called but oh well. When we got there it was alright, we did have a personal hot tub right on the deck but trust me we paid dearly for it! Soooo overpriced it isn't funny, I'm glad we got to split the bill with another couple. The interior is a little outdated if you ask me, comfortable and all, but outdated. Anyways, as I said we did have a hot tub on the deck which we planned on using each night after the festival. However the very first night when we got back to the cottage and decided to take a dip it was about 10:30 pm, we just got back from a fabulous concert and we were all laughing and talking about what we were going to do the next day when a man came over, a supervisor I assume, complaining that he wasn't going to stay up all night "babysitting" us and if we didn't move our "party" inside we would be kicked out. Now I understand that it is a family friendly place, but we in no way what so ever were disturbing anyone, all four of us are polite, mature acting adults. This made us very uncomfortable for the rest of our stay and I can honestly say I will NEVER go back. All I wanted was to be able to come back to a cottage and relax and hang out with my friends ... but that's not what I got.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Ashley T
awp2888, Owner at Anne's Windy Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

I am the owner and night supervisor and I remember this reservation. In July and August, we have several cottages with families with young children, so we have a published "quiet time". Unfortunately people do not realize how loud their voices sound late at night. Eventually I have to ask people to move inside. This is only done in consideration of other people on site.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We needed a place to stay at the last minute and the staff at Anne's Windy Poplars were more than accommodating. We were attending the Cavendish Beach Music Festival which is an outside event. It poured rain one of the days of the concert and when we arrived back at our cottage a number of extra towels were provided for us. The staff took it upon themselves to be proactive figuring we'd be soaked and needing lots of towels. Very thoughtful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

When I called back in February 2011 for information and to book my dates, I asked what 2 golf courses the couples golf package included, I was told that we could pick out of 6 courses when we got there. Needless to say that when we did get there, our courses and tee times were already booked and the lady working said that she sent us an email to let us know the courses and times. Would have been fine, had she even asked for our email address. When we got there, we had 15 minutes to get to our first course (Stanhope), which was over 30 minutes away. So obviously we had to reschedule our tee time to allow us to change, and of course, get to the course. Since it was men's night that evening, we could only get in a 9 hole round, which the golf course was gracious enough to give us a rain check for the other 9 holes since we already paid for it. Not something the lady at Anne's Windy Poplars offered. Also, our next golf game, which was a Fox Meadows, was about an hour away, and we had to be there for a 9:30am tee time, which meant no sleeping in on our vacation. This trip would have been perfect had it not been for the hectic golf schedule and the too busy golf courses that they booked us at. The cottage was great, the game room was incredible.

Room Tip: Very clean, very accommodating
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica V
awp2888, Owner at Anne's Windy Poplars, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Here are the procedures our front office staff follow when booking a golf package. In order to receive the discounts from the golf courses we must make the booking directly with them. Therefore we always obtain the preferred tee off times from the client plus an e-mail address so we can confirm both the reservation for the cottage and the actual tee times with the golf courses. Prince Edward Island is a major golf destination, so it is always wise to arrive with confirmed tee times.