“Reservation system needs improvement.”

and 1 more site!
Cavendish Maples Cottages
Charlottetown, Canada
“Reservation system needs improvement.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This summer was to be our 4th time attending the Cavendish Beach Festival. Our group consists of two couples in our mid 50"s from PEI, we look forward to our vacation each year, taking in the Festival, Cavendish Beach and several surrounding golf courses. We also enter our 1942 Chev Half Ton truck in the International Motor Festival that is connected with the Music Festival. We like to stay in Cottages close to the grounds so that we can walk and not worry about buses or parking. The first two years we stayed in Avonlea Cottages, sharing the same driveway as Cavendish Maples and booked our rooms the 2nd of January. Last year we decided we would try Cavendish Maples as we were attracted to this lovely property. I was so pleased that I gave a five star review entitled "Great cottages on a Beautiful Property.

We inquired about booking again for 2013 and were told that they begin taking reservations on Jan 2nd...I began phoning at 8:30 am and was able to get through to the woman who owns the property at approx 8:50am. She informed me that they were giving past customers first chance at cottage rentals, also that they had several groups that were staying a week to ten days. Since I was a customer from the previous year (I even mentioned my great review on Tripadvisor) I hoped that she would take that into consideration (we also fall into their preferred age category of 40 plus) She said she would call and let me know later that afternoon or the next day....I was planning on being away the next day so I called her husband the evening of Jan 2, he assured me that she would call me back in a hour or two.

Long story short, she did not return my call, nor answer either of the two messages I left on her machine. Finally I was able to speak to her on January 8th (I called her)....nearly a week later. She had no cottage booked for me and at this point in time it is too late for me to book anywhere else suitable. Perhaps a better way to handle reservations for repeat customers would have been to allow us to book our 2013 cottage when we were checking out in 2012. As it stands now, I followed all of their rules and instuctions, waited a week for my call to be returned (which it really never was) and I am without a suitable cottage for Cavendish Beach Festival. THANK YOU SO MUCH CAVENDISH MAPLES!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank islanders4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was end of season and the pool/hot tub was closed,so was much of Cavendish but we really enjoyed our 3 night stay.
We stayed in the King bed executive cottage with jacuzzi tub and fireplace.
The wifi worked great,the staff was pleasant and it was a good location to do day trips around the island. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrissy27
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This cottage really made our trip complete. The staff , grounds and cottage itself was just perfect... The setting of the Maples is so picturesque and quaint. Super Quiet as well and restful with a great fireplace and jacuzzi. Would highly recommend the Maples if you are seeing a lot of the Island. It is a great middlepoint when doing a lot of driving to other parts of the Island. You can't beat it!! We hope we can return again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristin D
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on a driving trip of the Maritimes and wish that each night had been in a place like this. Had a two bed cottage which was perfect for three adults and an infant. I was hugely impressed with how well stocked the cottage was - there was even ice in the ice tray! We didn't find we were missing anything. Very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2012

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all i can really say.First of all Tyson your staff is the best i have seen and i have spent alot of my life travelling .My family and i hatted to leave and step back into reality because Cavendish Maples offered us everything and more for the week we were there. The weather was fantastic the cottages were fantastic and the price was well worth it. So in a nut shell our overall experience with you and your staff was amazing thank you so much.And
you never know when you will see us again
Thank-You
Robert Noseworthy and family

Room Tip: All cottages were great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

On returning from our family reunion at Cavendish Maples. I can only rate the location and the staff a 10+. We occupied 16 of the 22 cottages. We had started planning this event 2 years ago and with the help of Winnifred, Tyson, Sherry and Martina we managed to pull it all together. Over this past 2 years everyone at Cavendish Maples has been more than accommodating in assisting us with the family making their reservations. Thank you.

Aug 20 We all arrived and not one person was unhappy. The location is off the main road nestled amongst many beautiful mature trees. Wide open green spaces for children to play and a separate green spaces is available for large groups to get together without interring with other vacationers.

The cottages are second to none. The kitchens are equipped with high quality things. The linens are top quality also. The carpets are spotless. The condition of the furniture is also top notch. The quality of the mattress and pillows was also of a high standard, better than many hotels I have stayed in.

The pool, hot tub and wading pool are always high standard clean. The lawns and flower beds are groomed to perfection. The sand in the sand box and on the volleyball court is very clean.

There are several fire pits and they are always clean and the fire wood is provided.

I can't say enough about the staff they went above and beyond to ensure our stay was everything we had expected.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a very high end and quiet 1 bedroom cottage choose 30 or 31. For a family cho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank orleans332
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have now stayed at The Maples 6 times over the past 10 years. Obviously the fact that we keep coming back speaks volumes...
This is a great location...right in the middle of Cavendish (with all of its summer amenities), and yet it is far enough off the main road that it feels very secluded and quiet. With a pool, volleyball court, horseshoe pits, badminton nets, and other activities, it is a great place for families with kids.
We heartily endorse Cavendish Maples!

• Stayed August 2012