This summer was to be our 4th time attending the Cavendish Beach Festival. Our group consists of two couples in our mid 50"s from PEI, we look forward to our vacation each year, taking in the Festival, Cavendish Beach and several surrounding golf courses. We also enter our 1942 Chev Half Ton truck in the International Motor Festival that is connected with the Music Festival. We like to stay in Cottages close to the grounds so that we can walk and not worry about buses or parking. The first two years we stayed in Avonlea Cottages, sharing the same driveway as Cavendish Maples and booked our rooms the 2nd of January. Last year we decided we would try Cavendish Maples as we were attracted to this lovely property. I was so pleased that I gave a five star review entitled "Great cottages on a Beautiful Property.
We inquired about booking again for 2013 and were told that they begin taking reservations on Jan 2nd...I began phoning at 8:30 am and was able to get through to the woman who owns the property at approx 8:50am. She informed me that they were giving past customers first chance at cottage rentals, also that they had several groups that were staying a week to ten days. Since I was a customer from the previous year (I even mentioned my great review on Tripadvisor) I hoped that she would take that into consideration (we also fall into their preferred age category of 40 plus) She said she would call and let me know later that afternoon or the next day....I was planning on being away the next day so I called her husband the evening of Jan 2, he assured me that she would call me back in a hour or two.
Long story short, she did not return my call, nor answer either of the two messages I left on her machine. Finally I was able to speak to her on January 8th (I called her)....nearly a week later. She had no cottage booked for me and at this point in time it is too late for me to book anywhere else suitable. Perhaps a better way to handle reservations for repeat customers would have been to allow us to book our 2013 cottage when we were checking out in 2012. As it stands now, I followed all of their rules and instuctions, waited a week for my call to be returned (which it really never was) and I am without a suitable cottage for Cavendish Beach Festival. THANK YOU SO MUCH CAVENDISH MAPLES!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our award winning cottage rentals in PEI have developed a reputation as one of the most popular cottage resorts on our Island.The Maples property is located in a grove of mature maple trees and combines a rejuvenating setting, four-star cottages, many amenities, and the ideal location in the heart of Cavendish.Whether it’s your first visit to our Island or you are one of our many loyal guests, we look forward to helping you plan your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cavendish Maples Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavendish Maples Cottages Hotel Cavendish
- Cavendish Maples Cottages Prince Edward Island