“Great gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Charlottetown, Canada
“Great gem”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A to busy day with the fam could not end any better then sitting on this patio having the island blue mussels with fresh island beer...

1 Thank Sugarloafer1991

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Who knew such a small place could have such amazing food! This is the best fish and chips I've eaten and my kids loved the burgers. My husband said the scallop burger was out of this world. You have to go to this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Christine S
Mayerthorpe
“Cute little restaurant, average food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Upon entering the restaurant it was a lot smaller then I expected. There only about 6 tables. The outdoor patio space was much larger, but it was cold the night we went so we wanted to sit inside. I ordered a Caesar and it wasn't that great, not a lot of flavour. For our meal I had the lobster roll with island fries. I found the flavour of the lobster was over powered by the bun which had a strong buttery flavour. I could hardly taste the lobster at all which was disappointing. The fries were quite tasty, but could have been more crispy. My husband had the fish and chips and found the fish was good, but the batter was a little greasy. He thought the fries were great. Our server was friendly and quick to bring drinks and welcome us.

Charlottetown, Canada
“Nothing special, a let down.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Was in Cavendish with the family for the day and decided to check out the much talked about Lost Anchor, it sadly did not live up to its reputation. We went in with small children, although they have a wall full of coloured pictures done by kids who've visited, they never offered our kids any crayons to keep them busy during the wait. The food was subpar at best, the kids had the hamburgers and chicken fingers which were nothing special and tasted more like frozen food that had just been thrown in the oven. I had the egg sandwich, which lacked in flavour. The chicken sandwich was ok but nothing that I couldn't have made at home. For the most part the staff was friendly, but given the food I would not eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Michael W, General Manager at The Lost Anchor, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear C B, I would like to thank you and your family for your business, as a new Island restaurant it is much appreciated. We have taken great time and effort in the development of The Lost Anchor, from the ship like interior, the 160 year old anchor of the Marco Polo, the Island crafted beer to the menu created by a Prince Edward Island Culinary Institute Red Seal Chef. The hamburger is 100 percent fresh never frozen Prince Edward Island beef. It is unfortunate that the majority of your review was on the children's menu, unlike our Adult menu with scallop club, portobello burger, Anchor burger, fish taco etc. the kids menu was deliberately kept plain and simple according to children's preferences. We appreciate all feedback as we continue to improve. If you and your family choose to eat at the Lost Anchor again, I hope this time your experience is as positive as the The Lost Anchor's many valued customers before you.
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“A New Gem in Cavendish!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just stopped in for a beer but with it just having a dining license now, food needed to be ordered. I went with the fries as a beer was my objective and I was not really hungry. The fries were the best! The Island beer was cold and red. The menu comes from the land and sea and I look forward to trying the Scallop Club on my next visit (probably tomorrow). I was told that a Lounge license is coming so you will not have to order food but I will be returning for the food, the sunset on the patio and the friendliest service you will find. Well done ladies.