“could have spent hours, lots to see”

Ripley's Believe it or Not!
Ranked #9 of 24 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out our new interactive exhibits, like the Spin Browser or the Color Brite wall! Go on a worldly adventure with genuine shrunken heads and the worlds tallest man. Ripley travelled the world collecting hundreds of oddities. See fossilized dinosaur eggs, portrait of Ray Charles made of confetti, an authentic shrunken head, amazing 10-ft. moving robot made of car parts, life-size matchstick dolphin. 14 galleries of rare collections from around the world... what an adventure! Unique illusions and interactives, with bizarre videos.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

this was my second visit in ten years and I am still fascinated, my eight year old found some of it creepy and had nightmares but couldn't put the book down the next day, go figure

All reviews
"interesting things to see"
"rainy day"
in 11 reviews
"interesting place"
"amazing things"
"cool stuff"
"cool exhibits"
in 2 reviews
"really enjoyed our visit"
"mini golf"
in 12 reviews
"child"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a terrible waste of money. We had the displeasure of visiting both the Ripley's Believe it or Not and the Wax World of the Stars today. Oh my how I wish we hadn't. Like most people say Ripley's is very pricey and you are done so fast you are left wondering where the rest of it was. The Wax museum was way worse. The wax figures looked nothing like the real thing. Look I wasn't expecting Tussaud's or anything but this was so bad. Most of the figures if you didn't read the info you wouldn't have a clue of who it was. Again you spent a little fortune and was left thinking that was it???

The only good thing about the whole little area was the Mining area. You could buy a bag of rocks, sand etc and get the chance to actually pan for gold. Of course there wasn't a whole lot of gold in the bags but my daughters bag had a good amount of other lovely rocks and gems in it. All for only about $7. She was thrilled to go through it all. The guy helping us was entertaining, friendly and knowledgeable. He was really nice to talk to. Otherwise the rest of the staff there was less than friendly and hardly smiled. No thanks.

1  Thank angelfancy
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The giant Megatron transformer standing at the entrance sucked my kids into the attractions. After that everything went down hill. I spent $47 and we were done in less than 10 minutes. Welcome to PEI.

2  Thank MacDuffys
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went to both Ripley's Believe It or Not and the Wax Museum, both were quite entertaining and full of quirky, weird fun facts. My mother and I went early in the morning which allowed us to explore both parts of the musuem without encountering any crowds. Being a fan of the quirky, I enjoyed this visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent an afternoon in Cavendish with my boyfriend and we had a very nice visit. We were excited for Ripley's because we read online that the price was a decent 12$ for adults. However, when we went to pay we discovered it came to a little over 17$ each. I questioned this, and the slightly rude girl at the cash said that it "didn't include tax and the tour book." We were not impressed, and didn't need the useless book, but we paid. This made us grumpy from the beginning, but we were very pleased with our visit. It's more for teeangers and adults, as it is mostly reading, and observing, so children could become easily bored. Although pricey, we spent more than an hour in the museum, and overall had a really nice time.

1  Thank Kelly425