“Not what I remembered..”
Review of Sam's Restaurant - CLOSED

Sam's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visited this restaurant about 5 years ago and had a great meal. Went back on the 17th of August and it was not even close to what it used to be... It started when the waitress dropped the tray of 4 lg. Water on the table which completely soaked my son and husband. Finally moved tables and then ordered.. The flies in the place bordered on harassment. I ordered the "famous" fish and chips and think they may have been frozen fish sticks. Coleslaw was a soggy dripping mess.. Waitress was not that apologetic saying, "people get upset when it's pop"... So this happens frequently?? Washrooms could have used a good cleaning.. We will not eat here again.

Numsen, Owner at Sam's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

We’ve recently purchased this restaurant and are sorry to hear that your dining experience wasn’t a pleasant one. I can assure that we’ve read all of the reviews of the restaurant and will use this as a starting point to improving the restaurant. With our background in the restaurant industry we feel confident that the service and quality of product that we serve will improve.

We are hoping to bring energy and consistency to all that we do in the restaurant. I hope that if you are in the area you would be willing to give us another try.

Although we can’t change the experience that you had, we want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the restaurant and we would welcome the opportunity to meet and surpass your expectations when it comes to dining in the Cavendish area.

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Went once a couple years ago and i had no bad memories. We went yesterday, and will not be back. Coleslaw soaking through the paper cup, dont want to guess how old it was. Multiple flies pestering me. Had a weird dirty feel with staff who looked like they were just there to hang out. Our waitress was nice. But Cavendish seriously is in need of some better food. We are from Halifax, so from the maritimes, and our food is generally nuch better for the same things. I underdfand this is a tourist area, but i would rather pay ten dollars more for a meal I can actually call good. Chez Yvonnes seems to be the best! Which is quite good. Home cooked yumminess.

1  Thank MiloMiaReview

It is our hope that we can become the dining choice in the Cavendish area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The tables were dirty, I had to go to the bathroom, wet paper towel and wash it myself..Service was ok, 3 flies annoyed us the whole time, I ordered Sams famous Fish and Ships, I assume it was fancy fish sticks? It felt like management was on vacation and it was being operated by staff that didnt take any pride in their workplace, bathrooms were dirty . The girls I were with were shocked and the only positive is the waitress smiled .We had all ate their before and were looking forward to the same experiece, but it didn't happen.Wont go back. August 9, 2012

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family had a rather disappointing experience trying to find good food while in the Cavendish area. Sam's was typically priced in terms of other restaurants, but food and service were decent. No one was blown away by either, but no one had any complaints. Everyone's reaction was "it was okay." Which given some of our negative eating experiences in other places, was a solid endorsement.

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

If your very hungry is the place to go . Lot of good seafood in the plate and good service .