“Best lunch!”

Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Cavendish
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Opening Island Favorites was a dream come true for me, having over six years experience in the food service industry I noticed the most crucial standards have been declining. Quality of product and customer satisfaction is what Island Favorites strives for; I just knew that there had to be a better way. I opened Island Favorites in May, 2012 I am not a chef although I strive for excellence each and every day. The look on my customer's faces says it all even after indulging in just one bite! Join us at Island Favorites where we have a strong desire to make your Island seafood experience a memorable one. PEI's first and only restaurant to specialize in Lobster Rolls. We also offer the finest Lobster Chowder, PEI Loaded Baked Potatoes, Panini's, and a healthy variety of children's items. Hungry and heading to the beach? Let us provide you with a Family Beach Pack. Island Favorites takes pride in offering the freshest ingredients in a non- deep frying environment. Our mission is to raise the standards of service by always putting the customer first. Not one customer will leave Island Favorites without feeling 100% satisfied.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

While staying with friends in Charlottetown, we drove up to Cavendish just to have the lobster grilled cheese sandwich one more time before leaving the island! The restaurant itself is simple and charming with good food and good service - perfect for lunch after the beach.

Danielle C, Owner at Island Favorites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

I would like to thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you loved our Lobster Grilled Cheese, it sure is a very popular item!
We hope to serve you again.
Thanks,

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

As advertised - very good lobster roll though if you're looking gor something else there's not mch selection. Very basic decor and self service.

Danielle C, Owner at Island Favorites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks so much for leaving your review here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

On a day trip to the area my family and I stopped for lunch. They had fish and chips from the place next door and I decided to give Island favorites a try.

I love chowder and lobster rolls so that was the sway factor for me. I ordered the lobster chowder and a regular lobster roll. The chowder was good but not anywhere near hot enough. I have to say I don't think I would have ordered it if I had known that it was going just be reheated in a microwave. I heard the ding and hum of the microwave. I am one of those people who thinks that reheating in a microwave does food no justice. I like my chowder hot but this was only luke warm and I ate it right away. The broth was also quite watery also not the way I like my chowder. It was tasty though. I am also sorry to say that I didn't enjoy the lobster roll either. Way more bun than filling. After two bites the filling was gone leaving me with only bun. Just not what I think a lobster roll should be like.

The place itself is very typical for the area. Clean but very basic. The lady serving was welcoming and friendly. No complaints there.

Would I rush back? No, I don't think so.

Hello, I would like to clear up some unfortunate issues that I have read in your recent review on Island Favorites.

We do heat up our Chowder in the microwave and stand by this reason for it is the best quality you can get when handling delicate Lobster Chowder. When I first opened Island Favorites I learned very soon that if I left the Chowder in a heated Chowder pot, it began to get sour very quickly! This is the reason we do heat our Chowder in the microwave, and it tastes amazing.
I wish you would have let me know that the heat was not to your liking and I would have gladly heated it more for you.

Our Lobster Rolls are served on a New England Style hotdog bun for the reason being that it is not an authentic Lobster Roll unless it is served this way. We portion each roll the exact same and I have never had anyone unhappy with the portion, if anything they think it is too much lobster!
I am sorry you had a not so excellent experience with us but I hope to serve you and your family again in the future. If you like you can come in anytime and let me know the problems you have explained and I will gladly treat you!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I ate at Sam's Chowder house in Half Moon Bay south of San Francisco earlier this year. They have a big banner hanging out front of the restaurant stating "the best lobster roll in America chosen by NBC's The Today Show". Well.....The Today Show needs to visit Island Favorites.

Nothing fancy inside, plastic chairs and tables seats 14 - the owner is making your food - one step above a food truck but....it is fantastic.

Had the chowder, grilled cheese and 3 different rolls with my wife and daughter. Wow!

Put it on the bucket list and enjoy.

Only thing missing was a cold beer to wash it down - no cocktails...

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review! I am honored that you feel that we would be the "Best"! We strive everyday to make our customers happy and it is so rewarding to read a review just like yours!

We are looking forward to serving you again!

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lobster was very good, but small. Can't imagine what the mini size is like. We went at 12:40 pm on a Tuesday -- and they were just starting to make the potato salad. They said it would be an hour. Only other option was a bag of chips, which is not food.

To their credit, they docked 10%, but it wasn't about the price. We left hungry. (And the cost got two rolls, with the discount, was $28. We cannot recommend it.

1  Thank venice18

Hi there, I am sorry to read about your disappointment. I do remember the day you were in to visit us. We make our Potato Salad homemade, one batch at a time since we are a small restaurant and we want to ensure quality. We had a large group arrive and since all of our rolls come with our Potato Salad or Potato Chips it is unfortunate that sometimes we do sell out. It is a process that takes an hour to make our potato Salad, as we do not make huge quantities like some of our competitors. We did offer you the discount because it was our fault and we do not want anyone to be disappointed with their experience with us.

About our Lobster Roll being small, this is surprising to me because we have not really had any complaints, if anything we have had people comment about the large portions we give. All of our Rolls are measured out the exact same for each and every customer. We also have done our research and are in fact the lowest price in Cavendish for Lobster Rolls. We understand that although we would love to we just cannot make everyone happy.

We hope you will give us another shot and I am certain we will have some Potato Salad with your name on it!

Regards,