Kindred Spirits was an excellent choice for our Mother/Daughter vacation. Although we did stay in two other B&B's on our 10-day trip, we could have easily stayed the entire time at Kindred Spirits, using it as home base for our island travels. They have wonderful, filling breakfasts and when we toured the western coast, we choose the picnic basket lunch. It was lovely. We found a scenic red sand beach to relax and enjoy the cool lunch and beautiful view. There was enough to nibble on until our supper at the Irish Moss Café. Do try their Seaweed pie! Kindred Spirits gave us a packet when we checked in that contain our preordered tickets to the musicals and Anne sites and some sheets of 'What I would do if I had the day off...' suggestions of places to visit on the island. We took the pages with us and experienced some quaint sights that we would have missed on our own, like Off-Broadway in Charlottetown. It was like having a personal tour guide. From Kindred Spirits it is an easy drive to about anywhere on the island and only a quick walk to Avonlea Village and Green Gables. Which are worth going to. We purchased some island music by Leon and Mike, which became our background music as we toured the entire island. Now as we listen to the sweet Irish folk music it brings back smiles of our memories at PEI.
It was too cold to swim in their pool or hot tub when we were there, but we enjoyed the outdoor chess game (lol...we actually played checkers) and some of the evening planned activities. It was nice to have a laundry available.
Staying in the Inn was wonderful, like staying at Grandma's. It was very clean, everyone was so helpful and friendly. The only negative thing is the walls are rather thin. It wasn't a problem for my daughter and me, but if I came with my husband, we would probably prefer a cottage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kindred Spirits is a four-star, family owned and operated country resort. Located beside Anne of Green Gables House, and only 800-m from the beach, we are in the heart of Cavendish. We offer such amenities as a heated-salt water pool, hot tub, games room, and fitness centre. With our quaint inn, beautiful gatehouse and well-appointed cottages, we have something to suit all needs. We would love to have you come and visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages Hotel Cavendish
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn And Cottages
- Country Inn Cavendish
- Cavendish Country Inn
- Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages Cavendish, Prince Edward Island