“Just like comfort food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavendish
Green Gables Bungalow Court Cottages
Halifax, NS
“Just like comfort food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the heat of late August and between the pool, the beach and the waterpark we had a great time. Very clean, quiet and friendly place, highly recommended. Staying here is like eating your favourite comfort food.

4 Thank London9

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hantsport, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Two families shared this cottage and we were impressed by the service, price and room in the larger 2 bdrm cottage. Joyce was prompt with emails, friendly and helpful on the phone and even nicer in person! Bob took the time to stop in and see us once or twice or day to ask how our stay was and thank us for coming. The pool is amazing! The kids had an amazing time, the adults did as well! We will be back for sure. Thanks Bob & Joyce for making this such a great and affordable place to stay! Your family package is the best on the Island!

Singleton&Garland Families

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Melanie S
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I felt the need to write since I found this gem on tripadvisor. We wanted to go to Cavendish PEI and had no way of knowing where to stay. I am a picky person - kind of surprised I took the advice of strangers. :) Glad I did! This place was soo clean, Joyce and Bob were really nice. I did not want to leave and will be back. My husband and daughters enjoyed themselves as well.

1 Thank jacks127
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

August 2012 my family and my cousins family returned to PEI. We enjoyed our previous stay at Green gable cottages we decide to stay again.
We rented two -2 bedroom cottages. The cottages were clean, well kept and all appliances were up to date.The location was great being right next to Anne of Green Gables and many other Cavendish attractions.
THe pool was nicely heated and well kept.
This time however we found the 10am check out very frustrating. While staying at a cabin, the activities you do there are a little different than if it was just a hotel. We had a busy two days on the island, so to get up at 8am on Sunday morning to rush around pack, tidy up, cook kids breakfast and get out the door was a little challenging. The owners were very friendly but they began circling lot at 9 o'clock to collect garbage and we felt like we were being rushed to hurry up and get out.
Paper towel would also be a nice addition to the cabin - AND Air conditioning. If the heat bothers you for sleeping - these may not be the cabins for you

Room Tip: Cabin is great for location, pool and cleanliness - but No air conditioning and we ready to hurry ou...
New Brunswick
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I cannot believe anyone could find fault with these precious cottages! I have admired them from the time I started travelling to PEI with my parents as a wee child many years ago. These little gems were built in the 30's and they have maintained their charm. Renting a cottage in PEI is a preferred form of accomodation for many! PEI in itself and especially Cavendish is a vacation destination, simple, elegant, breathtaking and relaxing. For the price, these are amazing cottages! They were sparkling clean with everything you could want in them. The owners are all "maritime hospitality" and go out of their way to accomodate. They treated us exceptionally well.

I feel like i'm stepping back in time when I visit here remembering my childhood and how I devoured the Anne books. The bed was comfortable, the kitchen clean and well stocked, the bathroom immaculate. The only I would take with me next time is a frying pan, and a good bread knife... everything else is there.. and if you want to boil lobster or shellfish they also supply the propane cooker and large pots.

We were comfortable and happy here and definitely will go back next year.

Room Tip: Bring extra pillows if you like more than 1 each, bread knife if cutting bread and a frying pan. Ot...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Go4itNewBrunswick
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed the place. The cottage was very clean and well appointed with everything we would need and more. The appliances all appears to be new and everything was taken very well care of. The location was great, right next door the Green Gables and within a couple minute drive of the other Cavendish attractions and the beach. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tim R
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and my cousins family travelled to PEI in July 2011. We stayed two nights at Green Gables Cottages.
We got two lovely one bedroom cottages side by side. They were so cute! Everything we needed was included. THe kids loved the pool and the play ground and we grown ups loved the use of the lobster cooker and all the supplies.
The management was so very helpful and pleasant to talk to. Everything was very clean and close to all the places we wanted to go.

We have booked another stay for this coming August but decided to try the two bedroom cottages this time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family