“Clean, comfortable, centrally located”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavendish
Parkview Farm Tourist Home and Cottages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I rented a 2 bedroom cottage for a 4 night stay in July. We found the cottage to be beautifully clean and well appointed with a full kitchen, sitting room, full bath, and room to comfortably sleep 4-6. Beautiful water views and a working farm that my children enjoyed visiting. Walking distance to the beach in PEI National Park. Excellent all around experience...highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tela1226

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We finally arrived after a long drive from Boston. The cottage is simply gorgeous, the views are divine, the space is wonderful and all the amenities are at our fingertips. The walk to the beach was great as was the time spent in the barn milking the cows and playing with the calves and kittens. The MacNeills are a lovely family who are very patient and caring and were just fantastic to be a part of our wonderment at the entire dairy process. It is so peaceful here and scenic, I too can imagine writing the great novel and taking inspiration as did Lucy M Montgomery. I now want to buy real estate here!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank perth4me
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in the tourist home for one night in Aug, 2013 .
The room is comfortable, cozy and clean.
Dont worry about the shared bathroom, it's clean and spacious.
We had so much fun with the cats and milking cows.
only 5 mins away from beach, great location

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ciecieciecie
Reviewed August 16, 2013

From my first phone call to check availability to the moment we checked out, the experience I got while dealing with Eleanor and Alvin was nothing but the best. We happened upon this B&B in 2004 and despite the fact we were only passing through and spending the night, both owners made sure we had a great time. Even when I realized that I had to leave before sunrise to make my tee time, Alvin offered to drive my wife to nearby Avonlea to spend the day when she said she'd walk as I had to take the car.

Fast forward to 2013 - remembering how they went above and beyond for a young couple who would spend barely 16 hours on their property, I wanted to reward the effort with an eight night stay. We were lucky, a room in the house was available!

For those looking for an institution-like facility, Parkview Farms isn't for you. If you want to become part of the family for a few days (or more, or less!) then you will LOVE this place. We had a 14 hour drive to get there and Eleanor told us not to worry about ensuring an exact arrival time. Sure, you have to share the bathroomS with other guests, but I never once had to wait to "use the facilities" and only had to delay a shower by 5-10 minutes once. Staying there at the same time as we were was a couple ladies who have been visiting every year for well over a decade (if not two) - along with a few other people... we all got to know each other and had a great time in the common areas every now and then.

Our room? We faced the back which meant we could see and hear the nearby water. It had one double bed and one twin sized one. There was plenty of closet and drawer space for two people who might have overpacked! The cool breeze from the ocean kept us comfortable the whole week (with the exception of the last night - it was well into the mid-30's with humidity earlier in the day) but as someone who won't live without A/C back home, I didn't give it a second thought throughout 95% of the stay. It doesn't get that hot in PEI almost ever!

Each morning, cereal, toast, coffee, milk or juice waited for us. There was no lacking there. While some expecting a trucker's breakfast might be disappointed, not once did our breakfast see us wanting for something else until well after it was time for lunch. A BBQ was available if we wanted to use it each day, though the close proximity to Rustico, "downtown Cavendish" and other nearby towns as well as Summerside and Charlottetown being a short distance away, we sampled food from the many places in a 15-50 minute radius of "home" each and every day.

As for the grounds themselves, the guest house is smack in the middle of an active dairy farm. We got to witness the birth of a new calf and got to play with it along with two others born during our stay. Those managing the cattle were always eager and willing to talk about how running a farm works, and though I graduated from grade eight some 25 years ago, my wife claims I spent way more time than I remember in the barns with the calves, cows and barn cats.

A (basically) private beach is a 3-5 minute walk through the back yard. The sunsets are spectacular and the stars on clear nights are phenomenal (especially for this city slicker!)

To sum up, if you want to feel like a member of an extended family, see nature take its course and be at one of the best B&B's on the island (and I've been to many in Canada as well as in Europe) - with an ocean within a few minutes' walk away - this is your place to go. Oh, and the rates can't be beat!

We've been twice - nine years apart. I told Eleanor and Alvin it won't be another nine before we're back. We miss it already!

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms facing the back of the property - you get a great teaser of a look of what awai...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike-nine-one-one
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travelled through the Maritimes and stayed at at least 10 B & B's throughout the trip, this one was one of the more disappointing. The rooms and decorated outdatedly, with teddy bears all over the room. There was no air conditioning, which made for a hot night if there was no breeze. There is one shared bathroom for I believe 2-4 rooms, so you have to wait a bit to use it. Also, when we came down for breakfast, the owner was pleasant enough, but seemed as if this was the first breakfast she had served, she didn't seem to know what to serve or do. Was very basic, cereal and a yogurt container; not much compared to most other B & B's.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandywey
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My daughter was absolutely thrilled to visit the barn everyday. The farmers were very friendly and welcoming. This is one of the few cottage resorts in Cavendish that actually has an ocean view... right from the front deck of your unit. We stayed in the 2 bedroom cottage, with one double bedroom and a second bedroom with a double and a single bed. The cottage is clean, a little rustic, but well equipped (reminds me of a typical Ontario family cottage). The best part for me was the 5 minute walk to Cavendish Beach. This section of the beach is not near any parking lots, so you basically have the whole beach to yourself, lots of fun and very beautiful red sand. "Downtown" Cavendish is only a couple of minutes drive down the road. Visit North Rusitco for a lobster dinner or buy fresh seafood at the North Rustico wharf and bring it back to your cottage to cook (much, much cheaper, Lobster $7.50/pound!). Alvin and Eleanor are very nice hosts!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MarieH3549
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is great. You must understand nothing is on the beach. That id all Federal park land. This is about as close as you can get. Cross a road and you are at the farm. They invite you to tour and watch the dairy cows being milked and the calves being fed. My daughters love the kittens. Walk past the barn, cross the park road, and you are at a quiet little section of beach. Because there is no parking close in the park it is fairly quiet and quite nice. Every rock and shell my kids found was a special treasure to them. This is a great place to stay.
There is a great bakery and pier side fish monger nearby in North Rustico. Lobster at 7.50 a pound tasted great on the bbq. My only complaint was no nut crackers in the drawers, but we made do. This made our vacation better.

• Stayed: July 2013