“Small but no long lines”

Sandspit Cavendish Beach
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Atlantic Canada's classic amusement park! Ride the Cyclone roller-coaster, ferris wheel and over 15 other carnival favourites. Cool off on the bumper-boats, or take a swing on our miniature golf course. Try your hand at one of our old-fashioned games or enjoy a tasty carnival treat. Take a spin on the Can-Am racers (sold separately). Canteen and picnic facilities available. All-day bracelet packages or pay-as-you-go. No admission charge to grounds.
Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Small but no long lines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We went with a family of 6 and got bracelets for about $20 each which is a better deal than the tickets. My small nephew was able to go on rides by himself and my niece rode the Cyclone about 10 times. Lines were not long so that made it extremely enjoyable. This isn't Six Flags but was a perfect attraction for our family while we stayed in PEI.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

When we decided to vacation in Cavendish, my family and I watched videos on all the attractions around town. Sandspit was one of the ones I was looking forward to most. But when I arrived, I was rather disappointed, there aren't many rides, and people weren't all the friendly. Really enjoyed the Go Karts though. Average, in my opinion.

Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Small but still fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

There was one big roller coaster and several smaller rides. There were several for toddlers only and besides the roller coaster, only a few for the older set. I really liked that you could go into the park for free and did not have to pay if you were not going to ride. Several parents went in with older kids and watched them play.

1 Thank Jill P
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent for children of all ages.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Lack of seating for parents at the kiddy rides. Very few rides for children under the age of 3, but for kids 5+, they will have lots of fun. A bit on the pricier side, and there is very little need to buy adult bracelets if you don't want to go on a lot of the rides. But well worth the bracelet for the kids.

Stratford, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not really worth the trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having recently moved to PEI we decided our first summer here would be full of travelling around and doing things on the Island. We decided to head to Sandspit on a cooler day hoping it would be less crowded. It was, so we were in lucky there. We just bought the family day pass which was what I thought a pretty good price, I was wrong. The park is quite small. Not very many rides and most are the kind that spin you around so fast you get sick. We also witnessed a few thing there by the staff that left a bad opinion about the place. The food there was very expensive and not very good. In fact our stuff was under cooked and it took a very long time.

We did contact the management about our visit and what we witnessed and they got back to me right away. They were quite sorry about what had happened. I will not go into what we saw there as I don't think that is fare to the park. It would not stop me from going back if I though it was worth it, money wise, which I don't.

Over all it was quite pricey and not worth the return trip.

Visited July 2013