“Family Fun”

Sandspit Cavendish Beach
Ranked #4 of 24 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Atlantic Canada's classic amusement park! Ride the Cyclone roller-coaster, ferris wheel and over 15 other carnival favourites. Cool off on the bumper-boats, or take a swing on our miniature golf course. Try your hand at one of our old-fashioned games or enjoy a tasty carnival treat. Take a spin on the Can-Am racers (sold separately). Canteen and picnic facilities available. All-day bracelet packages or pay-as-you-go. No admission charge to grounds.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went with our 4 year old and he had a great time. The Can Am race cars are fun but there is a height requirement. Bumper boats were a blast.

1  Thank Rebecca M
"canada's wonderland"
"giant slide"
"small park"

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sandspit at Cavendish beach , PE was a fun trip for my 4 year old. He enjoyed the kiddie rides, families with older children beware there aren't many rides (2-3) that older kids would enjoy, and the Go-Karts that you see enticing you at the entrance are not included in the fee of a day pass, you have to buy tickets separately to ride them.

There are games you can play for money, reminded me more of a carnival than an amusement park. The food was just fair and way too expensive. There was no shaded picnic area to eat, one small area next to the food station with 3 or 4 tables for a park full of people, not easy too find a spot to sit and eat.

There is no shade at this park, so if you do not like being in the sun do not go there. We were there on the hottest day of the summer and we were almost sick from the heat and not being able to get out of it cut our day short.

Wear Sunscreen!

1  Thank JENNIFERP940
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My Boyfriend and I went in August. We knew it was more of a kids/family thing but we wanted to ride the rollercoaster so decided to go anyway. It was a fun day. We went on the Ferris wheel, the bumper cars and the rollercoaster. The bumper cars weren’t that great … the track needs some work. I’m not a fussy person/wasn’t expecting an amazing theme park or anything but yeah …. The bumper cars are the one thing I would suggest skipping. The track was full of cracks/bumps so it made for an interesting ride. The Ferris wheel was nice, you could see a bit of beach from the top! And the rollercoaster (which is what we came for) was fun. It was definitely worth it. And the lines/wait time wasn’t too bad for anything.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

A small but fun outdoor theme park for kids. There are 5 thrill rides, and bumper cars, bumper boats, ferris wheel, miniature golf, a train ride that won't brake your back, a few kiddy rides, go-karts, and two canteens if you get hungry or thirsty.

I found the price to be quite reasonable, I payed 48$ for my two 9 year old girls but they were there from 1pm to 10 pm. Our motel was accross the street from the theme park so we could go rest for an hour and go back. We were staying at the Abby Lane Motel.

I really liked the Abby Lane Motel because it was walking distance to alot of attractions, on Cavendish road. Big rooms and very clean with WiFi. I would rent a room there again for sure.