“Fun Fun!!”

Sandspit Cavendish Beach
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Atlantic Canada's classic amusement park! Ride the Cyclone roller-coaster, ferris wheel and over 15 other carnival favourites. Cool off on the bumper-boats, or take a swing on our miniature golf course. Try your hand at one of our old-fashioned games or enjoy a tasty carnival treat. Take a spin on the Can-Am racers (sold separately). Canteen and picnic facilities available. All-day bracelet packages or pay-as-you-go. No admission charge to grounds.
Charlottetown, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun Fun!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Great place to take your kids and especially if you don't want to go on any rides there is no cost to get into this amusement park just for the rides and braclets that's the part I like about this some amusment parks cost so much to get in especially when you don't plan on going on the rides just your kids.

3 Thank NancyS62

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Can't go wrong with kids”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The trick to enjoying Sandspit is to check your expectations at the door, meaning don't expect Disney World. What you'll get here is a similar experience to a local carnival that drops by your neighbourhood during the summer ... and then some.

The place is maintained well and staff members are friendly and willing to assist. One receives the distinct impression that management trains the staff on the intricacies of customer service and generally the older teens and young adults who work here understand the importance of that.

The bonus here is value for the money spent. Admission seems expensive when you pay at the gate, but our experiences at Sandspit have provided access to all the rides with hardly any wait.

My young sons and I have visited Sandspit during each of our three PEI visits during recent summers, and some of our favourite Island moments have been formed at this place.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank soupie2826
Advocate Harbour
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good times had by all”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Sandspit is the place to be if you want to be entertained all day. From a rollercoaster to bumper cars, a ferris wheel, mini golf, and so much more you are sure to have fun. There were games, food, places to just sit and relax. I would recommend buying an all-day admisson braclet if you plan on going any amount of rides as it really is a great deal. I've been going to Sandspit ever since I was a little girl and I make sure to visit everytime I'm in the area!

Visited July 2011
Souris, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Small but fun!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Sandspit is not a huge spot but it is still lots of fun ! Not a place I'd go with small children as many rides are for older kids(age 10 and up) ! You have to pay extra for go-karts.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Slightly disappointing...”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

First of all, the bathrooms were filthy! On the back of the door in one of the women's stalls there was blood, which I'm sure you can guess where the blood came from. The whole restroom was just very unclean. The concession was horrible. There was no selection and the chicken fingers were those horrible pre-chewed no-name flavorless things. When I went to get my fountain pop, a whole bunch of live ants came out with the pop right into my cup. The go-carts are a joke. Many don't run and need to be pulled aside mid-race. Also, I overheard MANY disappointed people commenting about the fact that the go-carts aren't included with the wristbands, and there were lots of sad kids walking away. Not likely a place I'd visit again.

Adam H, Manager at Sandspit Cavendish Beach, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical experience at Sandspit. We expect very high standards of park cleanliness and safety. Our washrooms are checked every half hour, and our staff immediately respond to any issues that are brought to their attention. We have a dedicated staff of maintenance personnel that work on all of our park's attractions, including the go-karts. We will contact you directly to get some more details about the date of your visit and attempt to see if there was an explanation for some of the issues you have identified. The conditions you identify are not acceptable, and would be remedied very quickly.